+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t the problem with equality and diversity

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Attachment 12280

Should what this Ex-Muslim says who is clearly fighting against hate be classed as hateful conduct? This is one of many examples.
    This looks like an isolated message and hard to see the context. On its own, no it isn't hateful conduct. But when writer says "I will leave Islam alone when..." it suggests that there is more to this than the info presented just in this tweet. As said in earlier post above, I spend a lot of time raising awareness of women's rights and gay rights amongst ethnic communities, and it has to be challenged, but writer may not be all they seem in this one tweet. I think Britain first etc use similar reasoning for their marches, but women's and gay rights are usually cast off very quickly when the same people get into conversations about political correctness gone mad. Huge contradictions abound then!

Attachment 12280

Should what this Ex-Muslim says who is clearly fighting against hate be classed as hateful conduct? This is one of many examples.
    Sorry, did you do even a basic fact check before sharing this? My BS detector went off immediately as the post is clearly not hateful so I thought I'd quickly check if this person's account had actually been blocked/censored.

The tweet is still present: https://twitter.com/zarakayk/status/1108007727203262464

The person is still posting and clearly has not been suspended.

It is possible some filter accidentally blocked the content initially before it was promptly unblocked as happens sometimes even the most innocuous stuff, but ultimately in these cases it's then resolved but the sort of thing that gets brainlessly shared to support an agenda without even the most basic level of easy fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Never heard of Article 13?

Not heard left-wingers and Muslim groups calling for criticism of Islam to be made illegal?

Not heard about the police going round to a woman's house to warn her not to "misgender" people?

Not heard about Jordan Peterson's books being banned and his fellowship being revoked?

Student Unions de-platforming people?

Right-wing people being banned from Twitter, YouTube, Facebook?
    Article 13 seems to be related to copyright?

I'm a left winger and I've not heard of anyone trying to call for criticism of Islam to be made illegal, I criticise it myself a lot. Either way, individuals call for all sorts of things, I call for an abolition of the monarchy but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

The rest of your concerns seem to be related to the behaviours or private companies. Private companies are allowed to have whatever policies or codes of conduct they deem to be in their financial interests.

I'd argue censorship is something that primarily matters when it comes from a government level. If you think a private company is censoring and you're unhappy with that you can take your custom elsewhere. Customers of YouTube might not want to casually stumble across hate speech and they are entitled to make the decision to not include this.

If you can't provide any examples of government's actually unreasonably censoring, it would appear you're all upset about something that isn't really happening.

It's this tweet that Twitter issued the ban for, so on it's own is how it's been decided. Twitter is under fire because of its bias. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTXqrS9l5E

She Doesn't seem too bad to me. https://twitter.com/zarakayk

All the EX-Muslims I've encountered so far seem very Liberal by definition and get a lot of hate for it.

I've provided two videos on this post that show it is really happening. For more on the total madness that is happening in this world check out Journalist Tim pools two YouTube Channels Tim Pool and Timcast. If you like fact checking John give us a full debunk on some of his videos. Tim is on the left like myself and gets wrongly branded as right wing by the loony bins.

The police knocking on peoples doors for misgendering has that been debunked?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Sorry, did you do even a basic fact check before sharing this? My BS detector went off immediately as the post is clearly not hateful so I thought I'd quickly check if this person's account had actually been blocked/censored.

The tweet is still present: https://twitter.com/zarakayk/status/1108007727203262464

The person is still posting and clearly has not been suspended.

It is possible some filter accidentally blocked the content initially before it was promptly unblocked as happens sometimes even the most innocuous stuff, but ultimately in these cases it's then resolved but the sort of thing that gets brainlessly shared to support an agenda without even the most basic level of easy fact checking.
    I didn't claim this person wasn't still posting, she was obviously suspended for a while at least. Twas just an example. My agenda is genuine freedom and fairness is that brainless? In this world probably yes.

I've provided two videos on this post that show it is really happening. For more on the total madness that is happening in this world check out Journalist Tim pools two YouTube Channels Tim Pool and Timcast. If you like fact checking John give us a full debunk on some of his videos. Tim is on the left like myself and gets wrongly branded as right wing by the loony bins.

The police knocking on peoples doors for misgendering has that been debunked?
    lol, what? So I debunk the image you posted as *******s and you start asking me to debunk random Youtube videos instead? Why not just accept you got it wrong. 'Twitter is under fire' appears to be someone from twitter had a debate with someone.

The police knocking on doors was apparently misreported, and was actually "a lot more serious than about misgendering. They were allegations of serious misconduct and vile and spiteful personal attacks. The content was not about misgendering and it is unfortunate that so much of the media has fallen for the incorrect claim that they were."
    https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/sur...olice-16005190

One of the tweets targeted at a parent of a transgendered child apparently said "What she did to her own son is illegal. She mutilated him by having him castrated and rendered sterile while he was still a child."

Since it's not illegal, this is clearly defamation (or libel/slander!?)

This evidently wasn't just a police visit about misgendering, it was about personal attacks.

Sorry you getting the wrong end of the stick regards the image posted isn't debuking anything. I didn't claim this person wasn't still posting, she was obviously suspended for a while at least. Twas just an example and a question. 'Should what this Ex-Muslim says who is clearly fighting against hate be classed as hateful conduct?' tis all. And no not random videos very relevant videos to what IBS is getting at.

Ye a debate that highlights Twitters bias.

Fair enough regards the misgendering, I've no fear of being wrong that wasn't the only example I've heard of, gives me something else to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Article 13 seems to be related to copyright?

I'm a left winger and I've not heard of anyone trying to call for criticism of Islam to be made illegal, I criticise it myself a lot. Either way, individuals call for all sorts of things, I call for an abolition of the monarchy but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

The rest of your concerns seem to be related to the behaviours or private companies. Private companies are allowed to have whatever policies or codes of conduct they deem to be in their financial interests.

I'd argue censorship is something that primarily matters when it comes from a government level. If you think a private company is censoring and you're unhappy with that you can take your custom elsewhere. Customers of YouTube might not want to casually stumble across hate speech and they are entitled to make the decision to not include this.

If you can't provide any examples of government's actually unreasonably censoring, it would appear you're all upset about something that isn't really happening.
    Private companies are allowed to have whatever policies or codes of conduct they deem to be in their financial interests.[/quote]

No they are not

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Private companies are allowed to have whatever policies or codes of conduct they deem to be in their financial interests.

No they are not[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Exile. This post was not one of John's better efforts and seems to me largely rubbish. He also states "I'd argue censorship is something that primarily matters when it comes from a government level" which seems complete tosh. It's not the source of censorship that is important but its impact: does it prevent people learning the truth about a topic? In that regard I would say censorship by media outlets, by universities and by opinion formers is most problematic and one area of concern is self-censorship whereby "problematic" issues are simply not discussed.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast