+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t the problem with equality and diversity

Even the ones in London live in the nicer leafier suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Worked in London colleges for 10 years now.
    & if you were paid by results in confronting these challenges how wealthy would you be after these 10 years?
    Destitute I would guess
    But you can continue with these nebulus statements until you retire

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    "Hatred" is a bit of a strong word isn't it, just because he has views that differ from yours.
    So much for tolerance.
    Sorry you think so. I think from reading Fire's posts over the last few years, the endless repetition of the same argument that IBS sets up for him, it does come over as hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    & if you were paid by results in confronting these challenges how wealthy would you be after these 10 years?
    Destitute I would guess
    But you can continue with these nebulus statements until you retire
    Not sure what you're saying here other than I think you don't think I've been very successful. What are you saying?

The world has gone totally mad and I can only see this ending badly. Folk stuck in their echo chambers left, right and centre and no matter what you say to them they won't see sense and are not interested in having any honest debate, they're right and that's that. The media are just throwing fuel on the fire with fake news, talking stuff out of context etc... making out that people are racist, ***ist, antisemitic etc... when you look at what was actually said this is clearly not the case, but that doesn't stop idiots believing it without question.

Censorship is well underway which is never a good thing it can only make things worse, if the ones being censored are as bad as people make out it shouldn't be hard to destroy their arguments and make them look stupid or is it happening because some of these people have a point?

People are having the police knock on the door for making so called offensive comments online and some are being arrested for it, we have a judge saying that 'context is irrelevant.' People being arrested for misgendering...

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    The world has gone totally mad and I can only see this ending badly. Folk stuck in their echo chambers left, right and centre and no matter what you say to them they won't see sense and are not interested in having any honest debate, they're right and that's that. The media are just throwing fuel on the fire with fake news, talking stuff out of context etc... making out that people are racist, ***ist, antisemitic etc... when you look at what was actually said this is clearly not the case, but that doesn't stop idiots believing it without question.

Censorship is well underway which is never a good thing it can only make things worse, if the ones being censored are as bad as people make out it shouldn't be hard to destroy their arguments and make them look stupid or is it happening because some of these people have a point?

People are having the police knock on the door for making so called offensive comments online and some are being arrested for it, we have a judge saying that 'context is irrelevant.' People being arrested for misgendering...
    Blimey. Sounds awful. Who's being censored? Who by?

Who's calling for censorship on here? Can't say I've seen it?

Blimey. Sounds awful. Who's being censored? Who by?

Who's calling for censorship on here? Can't say I've seen it?
    Never heard of Article 13?

Not heard left-wingers and Muslim groups calling for criticism of Islam to be made illegal?

Not heard about the police going round to a woman's house to warn her not to "misgender" people?

Not heard about Jordan Peterson's books being banned and his fellowship being revoked?

Student Unions de-platforming people?

Right-wing people being banned from Twitter, YouTube, Facebook?
    Last edited by great_fire; 26-03-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Not sure what you're saying here other than I think you don't think I've been very successful. What are you saying?
    rp I am not necessarily refering to you personally but was raising the question of whether your college or colleges ever consider producing performance indicators in this area or in other words how do you measure what level of success you produce

Name:  D2b_YtHWsAY8HBT.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  95.9 KB

Should what this Ex-Muslim says who is clearly fighting against hate be classed as hateful conduct? This is one of many examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    rp I am not necessarily refering to you personally but was raising the question of whether your college or colleges ever consider producing performance indicators in this area or in other words how do you measure what level of success you produce
    Are you familiar with how educational institutions are inspected and judged? We have to produce performance indicators against a whole range of aspects regarding "success". These take from how well our learners do in their vocational subjects as well as maths and English when compared to other schools nationally. We also have to publish how well students achieve from different backgrounds and disabilities compared to national Benchmarks, explain shortfalls and action what we're going to do about it.

Obviously ofsted are our ultimate judge and they think we're successful but I think the school in the op are inspirational and I'd like us to be as good as they are.

So it depends on what you are looking at to measure our success in specifically I suppose. What are you thinking of? And what would you accept realistically as evidence to show success?

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast