+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t the problem with equality and diversity

o/t the problem with equality and diversity

Yes quite a pickle.

Preach LGBT tolerance and risk being branded Islamophobic

When in Rome?

It's interesting to see where the different interest groups are in the current PC rankings, looked like trans***uals were on top but they're part of the LGBT and have been placed below Muslims on this occasion, this may be because of the attack in New Zealand but I suspect they are always going to trump the trans people, what if the trans people are black or Asian though, how will that affect the ranking?

This whole identity politics thing is nuts and there's inevitably going to be a bigger clash one day as most Muslims will have no truck with LGBTs or feminists.

It amazes me that schools have enough spare time to take part in these topics.

I thought teachers were struggling to cope with the demands of teaching kids how to read, write and add up.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's interesting to see where the different interest groups are in the current PC rankings, looked like trans***uals were on top but they're part of the LGBT and have been placed below Muslims on this occasion, this may be because of the attack in New Zealand but I suspect they are always going to trump the trans people, what if the trans people are black or Asian though, how will that affect the ranking?

This whole identity politics thing is nuts and there's inevitably going to be a bigger clash one day as most Muslims will have no truck with LGBTs or feminists.
    Identity politics?

There are children in schools around the country with 2 mummys or 2 daddys, what is identity politics about trying to teach children that those other children shouldn't be thought of differently?

If only your generation had been educated to be more tolerant you wouldn't have to get yourself so worked up about things that really don't make any difference to your life.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

If only your generation had been educated to be more tolerant you wouldn't have to get yourself so worked up about things that really don't make any difference to your life.
    Eh?

It is Muslims in Birmingham who are "getting worked up", what has that got to do with me exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Eh?

It is Muslims in Birmingham who are "getting worked up", what has that got to do with me exactly?
    I'm saying you demonstrate intolerance.

https://youtu.be/amguApPKlIo
    This video covers it all really well IBS. Great fire you're making a good point which John seems to have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    I'm saying you demonstrate intolerance.
    I'd say he's demonstrating what happens when folk are tolerant to intolerance.

It’s a primary school we are talking about here. So it’s questionable that the kids actually understand the issue.

If they do then they go home and are told it’s a load of tosh by their parents. Bearing in mind that Muslim kids will respect their parents more than any teacher and are exposed to this for much more time than the school gets.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast