+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things You Thought You Would Never Do

I concur regarding the gym, never thought it would be my scene.

I used to work at the old techy college, in office right next door to the gym. Never used it once in 6 years.

But, decided to start going to a gym when we got married, 18 years ago. Amazed myself at how addictive it became. Went for about a year then got fed up.

But, decided to start going again a few weeks back, mainly on the bike, cross trainer and treadmill. Will start on the weights when I get a bit fitter. Also just finished a 5 week Golf fit course, which concentrated on yoga style stretching.

Walk about 3 miles to and from work, after the fascist work regime stopped our on site car parking. Feel better for it, however.

I think owning a dog would be a great excuse for me to get my ass out the door of a morning, and of an evening. Win win
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 27-03-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Canny recommend getting a dug enough.

A rescue dog, deffo.
    Nae breeders or paying stupid money for a pedigree pup, get yourself along to the local rescue and give one of these fellas a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Canny recommend getting a dug enough.
    I got a dog last year and it was something I thought I would probably never do. It has been a brilliant addition to my family and I really enjoy going out with the mutt and watching it play with other dogs. The only hassle being that everyone and their dog stops to burn the lugs right off you when sometimes I am just out with the dog listening to music on my phone.
    Why do dogs have to sniff every other dogs @rse? Weird f@ckers!

Here she is...

Name:  711F084F-9663-42BD-88B9-FE289D4D7119.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  12.9 KB
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 27-03-2019 at 05:56 PM.

The problem with having a dog is that you have to pick up their sh!t.

If aliens from the planet Zog landed on earth and saw somebody doing that, they would think that dogs ruled the world and that humans were their slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I got a dog last year and it was something I thought I would probably never do. It has been a brilliant addition to my family and I really enjoy going out with the mutt and watching it play with other dogs. The only hassle being that everyone and their dog stops to burn the lugs right off you when sometimes I am just out with the dog listening to music on my phone.

Here she is...

Fine looking dug that. Cockapoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Cockapoo?
    No I always walk like this.

I'm here all week.......etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post

Here she is...

Being a dog owner/ walker is like being in some weird quasi-masonic gang.

You immediately have a bond with others and can strike up a chat without being thought some weirdo.

And you seldom find out names ......but ALWAYS know the dog's name.

There's people I chat with multiple times every week, no clue of their names......but I know their dog's names.
    It's a kind of weird dynamic.

Oh and RJ, a dug sniffing another dug's bahookie is the dog equivalent of shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Being a dog owner/ walker is like being in some weird quasi-masonic gang.

You immediately have a bond with others and can strike up a chat without being thought some weirdo.

And you seldom find out names ......but ALWAYS know the dog's name.

There's people I chat with multiple times every week, no clue of their names......but I know their dog's names.
    It's a kind of weird dynamic.
    All true. When we moved down to Dumfries, one of the first things we noticed was how nobody said alright to each other as you walked by. Brought the dug down and we were stopping every 2 minutes for a blether

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast