+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things You Thought You Would Never Do

Things You Thought You Would Never Do

As in you used to think "aye boll@cks to that" now you find yourself doing it

Mine is the Gym. Never thought I would use a gym ever. Now I find myself running 5-7km every morning at half four when offshore. It started as a bet with a work colleague who I told the gym wasn't working as he had tits. He then said he bet I couldn't go to the gym every day for a full trip, which I proceeded to do.

Now over a year later I am still getting up before shift and running. Its part of daily routine. 130+ km a trip

When I quit football I said to myself that's it. Done with being fit. Now I'm fitter than ever.

……………..but I would cross the road if I saw a gym when I'm at home

I think its a subconscious balancing act. Where I'm treating offshore as a detox and that means I can eat and drink what I want when home.

Funny how things change

I do the same when I’m away.

I dont get any enjoyment out it, I don’t feel any better for it & my times never seem to improve any. Buc is the official A/Mad running guru, any tips?

I actually quite enjoy going to the gym.
    For a fat 55 year old I have a pretty respectable exercise regime.

The problem is my gluttony.

I like food......food that's bad for you.......artery clogging, tooth rotting, cholesterol raising, hooooorin' fine food.

I call my exercise regime "running to stand still" because with the amount of sh1te I eat, if I didn't I'd be like Mr Creosote.

Same as you Pac. Never thought id set foot in a gym but thru the missus and a discount cos she works for the NHS im in one 3-4 times a week. Its a fkn thought beforehand but always feel better for it. How long does yir 5k take? You should go a run outdoors when yir onshore and see how it compares to a treadmill. You can go far longer and faster ive found. I know FA about it all tho tbh so im possibly spikin sh*te.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Same as you Pac. Never thought id set foot in a gym but thru the missus and a discount cos she works for the NHS im in one 3-4 times a week. Its a fkn thought beforehand but always feel better for it. How long does yir 5k take? You should go a run outdoors when yir onshore and see how it compares to a treadmill. You can go far longer and faster ive found. I know FA about it all tho tbh so im possibly spikin sh*te.
    I just put it on 10km an hour so half an hour for the 5 and so on. then shower, cup of tea and a book for an hour and a bit until I start. Every day is a mirror image. Boring life I lead for half the year

I would never manage to run outside at home. Can positively say I would not have the will power

I definitely feel better for the running. Probably look better for it too. Then as I said I can eat and drink what I want when I'm home, not that I eat unhealthily but I'm a f@cker for a drink
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 26-03-2019 at 02:44 PM.

There's nothing manly about being unfit. There's nothing cool about not doing any exercise.
    There's nothing feminine about eating well and healthier.
    There's nothing magic about drinking like a fish.

It was a myth fed by the politicians to kill off the working classes so they would become less strain on the NHS and the pension fund.

So do yourselves a favour, have a banana...

I just can’t get up for a gym. I joined the Pure gym here in Cove thinking i would get up early (that’s not a problem) and do 1/2 hour before work. But I just can’t be ar$ed running on the spot listening to music/watching TV.

For me, keeping fit is walking every day at least 5km. I’m lucky in that if I am working at the office it is 2 1/2 miles from my house so there and back 5 miles which I will do about 2 or 3 times a week. For the rest, I will just walk round various areas of Aberdeen. Like you Inversneckie, i’m a sucker for calories (just at the weekend to be fair), a ruby murray, bottle (or 2) of white and Tesco’s own hard gums.

But I just cannot do the gym. Have to get out and walk and people watch.

Actually, for pure weight loss walking's the boy.
    I walk the dog for probably 4 or 5 miles a day. That's a major factor in me staying the right side of morbid obesity

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Actually, for pure weight loss walking's the boy.
    I walk the dog for probably 4 or 5 miles a day. That's a major factor in me staying the right side of morbid obesity
    So you are nae morbidly obese, just obese?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    So you are nae morbidly obese, just obese?
    Pretty much I'd say.

In all honesty the threshold for obesity is nae that high, though I've never actually checked.

I'd say I'm a fat cu nt, but nae that unhealthy overall.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast