+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Powell sacked

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Keep Ardley, and give him next season to do things how he wants, patience.

Makes you wonder if the new owners??? will be thinking along those lines? 8 new players, 4 wins in 20, most prob relegated, best give him another season then. Would you???

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    So you wouldn't let Allen loose for the 7 remaining games? If there is one lower league manager you'd trust to find some.magic escape, it's Martin Allen. Then I'd get a new manager prepped for the summer to do a rebuild
    Sorry No, he has health issues and has failed at every club he has been at since he left us.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Sorry No, he has health issues and has failed at every club he has been at since he left us.
    We're not after success, we're after a quick impact of which he has managed, he only got relegation with Barnet on goal difference after they looked dead and buried, it may seem like failure but he improved their chances of survival. It's exactly what we need. We don't need him to come in for next season, we need him to keep us up. 7 games, very short contract then get a new permanent man in for next season. Paul Hurst maybe? If we go down, he has experience in the conference and would be a great manager in league 2

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This^^^.

If the worst happens and it most prob will, I wouldn't want Ardley as a non-league manager anyway. He has abso no experience of non-league.
    No thanks. Allen is well past his sell by date as a manager

I can see both sides of this one. I am in favour of giving managers time in general, but in our situation time is in short supply. Difficult decision, glad it's not my job to make it.

One thing though, we are missing a target man, would Martin Allen (and I'm a fan of his) be able to make Hemmings or Enzio or Alessandra compete for headers in the box? I doubt it.

If there's money to spend on sacking managers, wouldn't it be better to spend it on an out of contract target man for 7 games?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I can see both sides of this one. I am in favour of giving managers time in general, but in our situation time is in short supply. Difficult decision, glad it's not my job to make it.

One thing though, we are missing a target man, would Martin Allen (and I'm a fan of his) be able to make Hemmings or Enzio or Alessandra compete for headers in the box? I doubt it.

If there's money to spend on sacking managers, wouldn't it be better to spend it on an out of contract target man for 7 games?
    This is my hope, or I could well have drempit last sleep. New owners take over---sack hopeless Ardley---appt MadDog till END OF SEASON on hugeeeee 'survival' bonus---sign 3 or 4 really good out of connie players---We survive---Gumpy happy---Bob's yer Dad's brother---

Makes you wonder if the new owners??? will be thinking along those lines? 8 new players, 4 wins in 20, most prob relegated, best give him another season then. Would you???
    If we have new owners gumpy, I'm much more concerned about that than relegation. We can rise again, I truly believe we will but only if we have a club to do so.

Absolutely, the club was fecked before he came in, stability is whats needed. He has seen what the issues are give him time over the summer to sort it. How many managers have we thrown into the lions den with not a cat in hell's chance of succeeding?

What I think the problem will be is if Ardley wants to stop here at the end of the season!

This is my hope, or I could well have drempit last sleep. New owners take over---sack hopeless Ardley---appt MadDog till END OF SEASON on hugeeeee 'survival' bonus---sign 3 or 4 really good out of connie players---We survive---Gumpy happy---Bob's yer Dad's brother---
    White Lightning on offer again yoof??

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    White Lightning on offer again yoof??
    Don't drink mate, I'm crazy enough as it is.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast