+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dee4Life

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    They generally have far more disposable income than youngsters.

I've told the story b4 of my dad buying me a season tic when I was 20 ( I just couldn't afford it) and that led to me buying one myself for 30 odd years on the trot when I got a bit better aff.

A bit of help when your young goes a long way.

You don't now suddenly become poor when you go on the pension, if your a poor pensioner you've generally had it hard all your days.

There will be exceptions to the above but I'd rather try and nurture support from the young.
    I hear ye but it could be argued that these pensioners have paid top dollar at dens for many years watching mainly dross.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Im passionate about giving discounts to dundee fans who need them,whatever age group they are in.
    How you do that I have no idea but you seem to think all oap,s are rolling in it and that is just not the case.You could end up we dee fans who have followed the team for 50 years plus getting priced out of attending.
    This is always the dilemma. There will be pensioners who have higher disposable incomes than young families who earn above average wages, and there will be youngsters who are minted, and pensioners who absolutely struggle. I think the thing about putting forward attractive prices for the younger fans is important because hopefully they will be the parents of future fans and possibly the grandparents of future fans.

Trying to find a way to have a pricing structure that suits all age groups is very tricky, but changes need to be managed and the different sizes of of the different age groups will form part of that discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Teams like livi, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone all doing better on lower budgets.
    This is the key for me. JN said that the crematorium income for St J was equivalent to 6k season tickets. Do you know where he got that figure but there must be some income stream that helps them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)