+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: " chuffnut"

Chuffnut, anything like chubnut?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Chuffnut, anything like chubnut?
    Chubnuts, my arse.

Tha cud be onto summat theear Ziles--he might ev not erd it reyt.

(When approaching the end of an arse wiping procedure following defecation and the back passage is becoming dry a "Chubnut" is a small ball or balls of toilet paper left in the anal region following the rolling/ rubbing action )

Emmerdales on. Wun hour special. Ovva 'n art.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 26-03-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Chuffing hell

CHUFF ME !! WORLD'S GON NUTS !
    Do a like it ? doowar CHUFF

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Chubnuts, my arse.

Tha cud be onto summat theear Ziles--he might ev not erd it reyt.

(When approaching the end of an arse wiping procedure following defecation and the back passage is becoming dry a "Chubnut" is a small ball or balls of toilet paper left in the anal region following the rolling/ rubbing action )

Emmerdales on. Wun hour special. Ovva 'n art.

Dingleberries they were known as round these ere parts SB

Weers these words all cumfrum ? Ivvrythings Chuff ararnd Thurny n Goli

Not erd "Chuff" spok ararnd Happy Valley.

Last time I erddit up here worrin Hardcastle Craggs (wooded area above Hebden Bridge) when this middle class couple were giving Toby and Poppy an "experience" out in nature and were role playing a Thomas the Tank Engine scene on a path saying, "Chuff, Chuff, Chuff, Chuff" in the style of a steam train.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Weers these words all cumfrum ? Ivvrythings Chuff ararnd Thurny n Goli
    Write to Susie Dent to ask her to do an Origin of Words section abart it on Countdown.
    "I've had this e-mail from someone called Roma in Barnsley asking about the origin of the word Chuffnut".

Well it's a strange one really Roma. It derives from the Barrington Smives of Royal Barrington. Lord Barrington was a bit eccentric bless his soul. Lady Barrington affectionately called him a "Nut".

The groundskeeper was from Goldthorpe. One autumn afternoon he was cleaning up leaves on the terrace and was hit on the back of the head with a golf ball. He looked round and Lord Barrington was there with his golf attire. He shouted what you playing at you chuffin' nutter and they all laughed.

The term was then derived "CHUFFNUT" in homage if you like to this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Well it's a strange one really Roma. It derives from the Barrington Smives of Royal Barrington. Lord Barrington was a bit eccentric bless his soul. Lady Barrington affectionately called him a "Nut".

The groundskeeper was from Goldthorpe. One autumn afternoon he was cleaning up leaves on the terrace and was hit on the back of the head with a golf ball. He looked round and Lord Barrington was there with his golf attire. He shouted what you playing at you chuffin' nutter and they all laughed.

The term was then derived "CHUFFNUT" in homage if you like to this debacle.
    goodun Ponte , looards a twitchas darn Res today , wun stockee woman abart 70 wa theer , tripod art , big camera , ( wunt want to feyt her ) a teld her ad sin a bright yella bird ad not seen darn theer afoor, a sed cuddit be a Yella hammer , cud be al pack up an evva look missen shised , weer worrit ? Ova theer neer them beltud galloways a sed , i asked If any Chuffs had been seen int area , shi replied thuz allus some silly Chuffsrarnd ere !! Wen a gorroam a checked mi book , It warra yella wagtail , fust av seen , smooak that
    Last edited by Romared; 27-03-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12