+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dfcss non members views for future,what would it take for you to pay your £5

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    They only offer that as its a sport played by auld wrinklies!!
    husband/wife
    Gee you a laugh.

At the AGM it was confirmed that they now had to offer husband/husband and wife /wife discounts......but they had a vote on whether to put it on the website......unanimously voted against.....😁

Note there is still no penguin discount.

Husband/wife ticket and country season tic may be popular at Dens.

In response to Islay, DFCSS had 'income' at 2018 year end of £4700, over £3k was spent on expenses including £2.5k to accountants. The 2018 accounts have now been removed from the website, to avoid any further scrutiny, so that's from memory. Feel free to prove these figures are wrong. And please read my post properly, especially the 1st sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    In response to Islay, DFCSS had 'income' at 2018 year end of £4700, over £3k was spent on expenses including £2.5k to accountants. The 2018 accounts have now been removed from the website, to avoid any further scrutiny, so that's from memory. Feel free to prove these figures are wrong. And please read my post properly, especially the 1st sentence.
    Almost 2/3 of income spent on expenses if your memory is good.

Or put another way roughly £3.30 out of every £5

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Gee you a laugh.

At the AGM it was confirmed that they now had to offer husband/husband and wife /wife discounts......but they had a vote on whether to put it on the website......unanimously voted against.....😁

Note there is still no penguin discount.

Husband/wife ticket and country season tic may be popular at Dens.
    So both yer fitba team and yer golf club support the LGBT!!
    Nice.

Back to the OP. I think it's great. It's exactly what we need, more people using the facilities, better outreach into the community and people working together to look after each other and our club.

DFCSS is already in place, not doing a lot, and with historic responsibilities. Trying to get people to actually run anything nowadays is a hard task. From the organisations that I am involved with getting volunteers to replace office bearers is really difficult. don't think it's fair to expect the people who did so much last time to dig in again and equally don't think it's fair to expect DFCSS board to suddenly start running a community outreach programme. Maybe that's what they should do but it will need new members and additional volunteers to deliver it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Almost 2/3 of income spent on expenses if your memory is good.

Or put another way roughly £3.30 out of every £5
    Unfortunately it's a requirement to have the accounts independently audited and it costs money.

However costs would not increase significantly if there was more cash going in. Therefore the per £5 rate would decrease with every additional new member would it not?

I also believe the change has been made from a full audit to a less costly type of review but don't quote me on that because my financial knowledge is rubbish.

They formalised to realise the ambition of taking over the club after admin 1. I still have the email after admin 2, talking about the 'remarkable journey' to get to the position of 'fans' holding a majority shareholding. I personally wouldn't describe admin followed by years in the fizzy pop followed by a 2nd administration as remarkable. If that's no longer the case, can't see why they wouldn't revert to a simpler structure, perhaps like Motherwell Community Trust. When you see the calibre of people involved and their level of activities, it's night and day. Fps may not want to know but it shouldn't stop dfcss from reforming into something non-toxic

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Back to the OP. I think it's great. It's exactly what we need, more people using the facilities, better outreach into the community and people working together to look after each other and our club.
    Wrong thread, since you're already a member?

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    So both yer fitba team and yer golf club support the LGBT!!
    Nice.
    But not the penguins.......my red line.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Unfortunately it's a requirement to have the accounts independently audited and it costs money.

However costs would not increase significantly if there was more cash going in. Therefore the per £5 rate would decrease with every additional new member would it not?

I also believe the change has been made from a full audit to a less costly type of review but don't quote me on that because my financial knowledge is rubbish.
    It would.

If it's not a full audit It should be able to be done much cheaper perhaps even free.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)