+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Escape MK3?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    2002 was the first GE that was an incredible run at the back end of the season Caskey/Whitley in CM and we beat Huddersfield last game at ML.

Dearden a manager who I liked and did a good job in the circumstances.
    Yes! That Huddersfield game was great. Kevin Nicholson cutting inside and slamming it home from 25 yards. I think they were promoted as well, so it was good vibes all round.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yes! That Huddersfield game was great. Kevin Nicholson cutting inside and slamming it home from 25 yards. I think they were promoted as well, so it was good vibes all round.
    I think after that game they were in the play offs

It was great, remember that game well as got my mates to drive me down and come to the game who weren't Notts fans, great day. I hate to write us off so won't yet but the last two home games for me said alot, they were massive games and we were crap.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It was great, remember that game well as got my mates to drive me down and come to the game who weren't Notts fans, great day. I hate to write us off so won't yet but the last two home games for me said alot, they were massive games and we were crap.
    I was there and strangely enough, that was the game that got me back into the habit of watching Notts again on a regular basis. After nigh on 10 years of only seeing occasional games.

Talk to anyone who's not a Notts fan and we're toast. All that's at issue is who goes down with us. This time there will be no great escape, honest injun.

I was there too, brought my new girlfriend - now my wife! - and best friend, up from London for the match...nico's goal sending ML into rapture, pitch invasion...oh man, heady times. Praying now, it's all we've got...

I'm convinced Notts dodging the drop won't be in their long term interests. A few seasons in the Conference may be no bad thing. This club needs restructuring from top to bottom. When they do return if radical changes are made they will be in a much better position to achieve something. The only decent season Notts have had this century was when they were run by a fraudster.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    I'm convinced Notts dodging the drop won't be in their long term interests. A few seasons in the Conference may be no bad thing. This club needs restructuring from top to bottom. When they do return if radical changes are made they will be in a much better position to achieve something. The only decent season Notts have had this century was when they were run by a fraudster.
    I take your point but not entirely true. Unless you count AH as a fraudster???

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    I was there too, brought my new girlfriend - now my wife! - and best friend, up from London for the match...nico's goal sending ML into rapture, pitch invasion...oh man, heady times. Praying now, it's all we've got...
    Ha ha you're mate about the pitch invasion, I ran across and thought I can't believe I'm actually on the pitch, I was struck by how low it seemed compared to the level of the stands as well. Oh to have a finish like that again. Still if we beat Northampton at home then we've got a chance.

I simply can't see it with this bunch.

There is not enough fight in the team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast