Get your very own personalised Villa Chat gifts!

Thread: Flippin Eck

Flippin Eck

After less than a year in charge Alex McLeish will be stripped of his position as manager of the terminally pathetic Scottish national football team.

Fingers crossed it is so he can go and manage West brom

The irony.

How many managers have you dumped in the last few years including McLeish?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The irony.

How many managers have you dumped in the last few years including McLeish?
    Too many - I hope Smith gets the time he needs to turn us into the team and force we should be.

McLeish and baggies is a match made in heaven tho

I could never warm to mcleish. he could make and ok team into an ok team but not add anything. I liked Bruce and MON in recent years. Like you Sam I hope it works out for our current manager.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 29-03-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Ive got to be honest, i was not a Alex M hater nor did i want him out. I always thought he was an honest guy, we were hard to beat under him, it was just the fact he was not attack minded!
    I just did not like the way he spoke through the side of his mouth!
    Scotland like villa always blame the manager be because of false high expectations.
    Villa will never be A Liverpool. Scotland will never be A Brazil.
    We both need to lower our expectations.

On the question of our current Manager, he will be at VP for a long time, hes a fan and wants the best for our club. I am convinced he will get us promoted.....one day.

Come on Dave. I remember us finishing above Liverpool under MON.

I remember beating them 5-1, Wednesday evening game, 5-1 at half time, Deehan and Andy Gray got a couple each if my memory serves me well.

Chaps, your forgetting the FA cup Semi 2015. Yes we can look at individual matches but come on, they have the biggest haul of trophies bar none. We are not Liverpool guys no way near!
    But i still think we can be as big as Chelsea. Another plastic club like Citeh.
    Has Big Ecke been sacked?

Quote Originally Posted by birminghamborn View Post
    I remember beating them 5-1, Wednesday evening game, 5-1 at half time, Deehan and Andy Gray got a couple each if my memory serves me well.

Villa: Findlay, Gidman, Robson, Phillips, Young, Mortimer, Deehan, Little, Gray, Cropley, Carrodus. Sub: Buttress [for Cropley, 54].

Liverpool: Clemence, Neal, Jones, Thompson, Kennedy, Hughes, Keegan, McDermott, Heighway, Johnson, Callaghan. Sub: Case.

Back in the days when only one sub wearing the number 12 jersey who came for an injury. 🤕 Truthfully I canít place Mike Buttress. 🤔

One of the most surreal matches I have ever seen, 💥💥💥💥💥

I've read about that game, I think Liverpool were champions and Villa stunned the football world that night - wish I'd been there but was just before I was taken to my first match in the 70's.

Flippin hell Rosie, you are older then you look!

I was actually at that game but rooting for the Scousers.....obviously.

Possibly the finest top division centre forward display Iíve witnessed in 47 years of watching football by Andy Gray.

If memory serves me he scored a couple of towering headers at the Witton End,he was unplayable in the air in those days.

I remember Deehan playing well which are words I could never use for him in his Albion days as he was absolute s h y t e for us.

Little was a wonderful player of course and that midfield was superb.

It was as complete a display of 45 minutes Iíve witnessed in the flesh.

I seem to remember it was 5-0 at half time and when interviewed pre match Shankley pointed out with his usual wit that Liverpool won the second half 1-0!

Talking of centre forwards,I remember a header by young Keith Leonard at the Holte End against Man City early in the season the first year back in the top flight under Vic Crowe I think.

What a player Leonard couldíve become.

I saw a few matches at Villa Park in my early watching days,my first ever live match was a Third Division home win 1-0 for you lot against Oldham.

Weíd moved to the Midlands from near Leeds so my old man thought it best to take me around all the Midland clubs to let me make my own mind up.

My first ever matches were both Villa games but once I saw a c r a p Albion side BUT with my all time hero Willie Johnston playing I was hooked on the worst side in the area!!

Still,it doesnít detract from what a fantastic display I witnessed that night at your place.

We had our chance to dominate but Sadly Deadly put an end to all that, Sounders could have been as big as Paisly or dare i mention it, Shankly..the rest is history.

Great post Mick - here's hoping that football in our area claws it's way to dine at the top table.

Flippin hell Rosie, you are older then you look!

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫😜😜😜😜😜