+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flippin Eck

Flippin Eck

After less than a year in charge Alex McLeish will be stripped of his position as manager of the terminally pathetic Scottish national football team.

Fingers crossed it is so he can go and manage West brom

The irony.

How many managers have you dumped in the last few years including McLeish?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The irony.

How many managers have you dumped in the last few years including McLeish?
    Too many - I hope Smith gets the time he needs to turn us into the team and force we should be.

McLeish and baggies is a match made in heaven tho

I could never warm to mcleish. he could make and ok team into an ok team but not add anything. I liked Bruce and MON in recent years. Like you Sam I hope it works out for our current manager.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 29-03-2019 at 01:07 AM.

Ive got to be honest, i was not a Alex M hater nor did i want him out. I always thought he was an honest guy, we were hard to beat under him, it was just the fact he was not attack minded!
    I just did not like the way he spoke through the side of his mouth!
    Scotland like villa always blame the manager be because of false high expectations.
    Villa will never be A Liverpool. Scotland will never be A Brazil.
    We both need to lower our expectations.

On the question of our current Manager, he will be at VP for a long time, hes a fan and wants the best for our club. I am convinced he will get us promoted.....one day.

Come on Dave. I remember us finishing above Liverpool under MON.

I remember beating them 5-1, Wednesday evening game, 5-1 at half time, Deehan and Andy Gray got a couple each if my memory serves me well.

Chaps, your forgetting the FA cup Semi 2015. Yes we can look at individual matches but come on, they have the biggest haul of trophies bar none. We are not Liverpool guys no way near!
    But i still think we can be as big as Chelsea. Another plastic club like Citeh.
    Has Big Ecke been sacked?

Quote Originally Posted by birminghamborn View Post
    I remember beating them 5-1, Wednesday evening game, 5-1 at half time, Deehan and Andy Gray got a couple each if my memory serves me well.

Villa: Findlay, Gidman, Robson, Phillips, Young, Mortimer, Deehan, Little, Gray, Cropley, Carrodus. Sub: Buttress [for Cropley, 54].

Liverpool: Clemence, Neal, Jones, Thompson, Kennedy, Hughes, Keegan, McDermott, Heighway, Johnson, Callaghan. Sub: Case.

Back in the days when only one sub wearing the number 12 jersey who came for an injury. 🤕 Truthfully I can’t place Mike Buttress. 🤔

One of the most surreal matches I have ever seen, 💥💥💥💥💥

I've read about that game, I think Liverpool were champions and Villa stunned the football world that night - wish I'd been there but was just before I was taken to my first match in the 70's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)