Get your very own personalised DAN'S DOMAIN gifts!

Thread: Perez

Perez

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...astle-16047267

Making noises about wanting to leave....but not in a Hifans-type way, to be fair. Been here 5 years and, naturally, would like to play in his home league-no problem with that at all.

He's a strange one, Perez. He's definitely got something and has scored some important goals for us but he's been utter shite for far longer periods than he's been good. The fingers in the ears celebration was arsey in the extreme to start with but now it's more of a tongue in cheek thing. He doesn't fall over nearly as much and has looked a much better player with Almiron on the other wing. He's probably the type of player who plays better with better players around him.

I've given him plenty of stick in the past but, against my better judgement , I've found myself arming to him recently!

As has been pointed out, maybe we were expecting too much of someone who was a £2 million or so player tasked with doing the job he has been.

Nothing story for me. Nowt wrong with wanting to play in your home league again at the end of your career. It’ll only be at the end though cos of the salary difference.

I think he'll stay and end up going back later in his career.

Agree with toptoon that it's a nothing story.

Looks like I may have misunderstood - seems he said on social media that now might be the time to go back to Spain.
    I think he’s a good player and been a lot less critical than most but if he doesn’t want to be here then he can go, with my best wishes.
    Good player on his day, not consistent enough for this league.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Looks like I may have misunderstood - seems he said on social media that now might be the time to go back to Spain.
    I think he’s a good player and been a lot less critical than most but if he doesn’t want to be here then he can go, with my best wishes.
    Good player on his day, not consistent enough for this league.
    I think that the longer he plays under Rafa then the more consistent he will become.

He does seem to be, and unfairly to my mind, an automatic first choice for Rafa but it would be good fo him, the team and the fans if he developed that consistency to deserve to be an automatic first choice.

I think he's still smarting from the digs he got form a section of fans. I wouldn't read too much into anything at this moment.

I've always loved the lad but he's acting like a little butthurt beeyotch. So you got booed by a minority of fans because you've been playing like dogsh!te. Man the fok up!

Sell him, he ain't all that.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    I've always loved the lad but he's acting like a little butthurt beeyotch. So you got booed by a minority of fans because you've been playing like dogsh!te. Man the fok up!

Sell him, he ain't all that.
    To be honest, I don't see it like that now. When he first did that celebration, he was being an arse because, personally, I don't think the criticism was unfair. But, since then, he's put some very decent shifts in and is doing it to celebrate with the fans rather than as a two fingers-type thing.

As for him wanting to leave, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to want to go home after 5 years here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    To be honest, I don't see it like that now. When he first did that celebration, he was being an arse because, personally, I don't think the criticism was unfair. But, since then, he's put some very decent shifts in and is doing it to celebrate with the fans rather than as a two fingers-type thing.

As for him wanting to leave, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to want to go home after 5 years here.
    He can go, i'm not going to miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    He can go, i'm not going to miss him.
    You may regret that when we lose Rafa and see who the replacement for Perez is

I would have been happy to see him leave for the best part of the last 3 years. But if Rafa stays and gets to keep Rondon or sign a similar player...then I think perez has found his place as a second striker/inside forward and we would have to spend a lot to replace him.

I think we are more frustrated with him because we know what he can do...and spends most of the season not doing it. But again...he's better when the players/ the way we play is better!

I no longer want him to leave and when he does he will be looked upon very fondly by everyone IMO.

He can leave for Madrid or Barcelona......Because he’s that good...........😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

He can jog on, I loved him but can’t stand his acting like a baby and now chatting on Spanish TV or to the papers taking his lead from Sissoko.

He can GO!

Good riddance m8!

Petulant baby

I see he dropped that stupid celebration.....

Well done to the lad, Man of the Match performance

Deserved man of the match. Worked hard, was skillful and got among it, topped off with a brilliant goal and could've had another with some good box skill.
    He's still only 25 with his best years ahead. Who with is anyone's guess.

Put it this way he's just upped his CV of late. Maybe he's upped his game again in order to fashion a move or maybe he's really come of age for us.
    I like him so I would have no qualms with him staying on.

Sell him 😆😆😆😆😆😎

Well done to the lad! Top performance 😎

From football365...some eye-opening stats:

"Here are the top five attacking players in the Premier League ranked by tackles made:

Ayoze Pérez – 59
    Richarlison – 47
    Wilfried Zaha – 38
    Junior Hoilett – 35
    Jordan Ayew – 34

And here are the top five attacking players in the Premier League ranked by interceptions made:

Ayoze Pérez – 42
    Junior Hoilett – 30
    Raul Jimenez – 23
    Pedro – 18
    Theo Walcott – 18

And let’s do the tackles and interceptions combined:

Ayoze Pérez – 101
    Junior Hoilett – 65
    Richarlison – 62
    Raul Jimenez – 50
    Sadio Mane – 49

The gap between Perez and second place is equal to the gap between second and 19th. No wonder Benitez loves him so."

If Man City or someone come in with stupid money for him, we should seriously consider selling him and reinvesting ALL of the money in the squad.

BUT we know better with the owner we have, so we may as well keep him.

I'm so happy for Perez right now but he must keep this up and for heavens sakes drop that celebration. Not all of us were booing you! You've made your point

That is impressive and certainly shows why he's rated by Rafa.

Saw a speccy lad in the crowd mirroring the celebration.

Gotta be cult status by now.

He can't mean it by now surely!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I would have been happy to see him leave for the best part of the last 3 years. But if Rafa stays and gets to keep Rondon or sign a similar player...then I think perez has found his place as a second striker/inside forward and we would have to spend a lot to replace him.

I think we are more frustrated with him because we know what he can do...and spends most of the season not doing it. But again...he's better when the players/ the way we play is better!

I no longer want him to leave and when he does he will be looked upon very fondly by everyone IMO.
    WHY cant he play like that more often?? its as if a light goes on in his head and he thinks, well theres only 5 games left, so I might as well try a bit harder.