+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perez

Perez

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...astle-16047267

Making noises about wanting to leave....but not in a Hifans-type way, to be fair. Been here 5 years and, naturally, would like to play in his home league-no problem with that at all.

He's a strange one, Perez. He's definitely got something and has scored some important goals for us but he's been utter shite for far longer periods than he's been good. The fingers in the ears celebration was arsey in the extreme to start with but now it's more of a tongue in cheek thing. He doesn't fall over nearly as much and has looked a much better player with Almiron on the other wing. He's probably the type of player who plays better with better players around him.

I've given him plenty of stick in the past but, against my better judgement , I've found myself arming to him recently!

As has been pointed out, maybe we were expecting too much of someone who was a £2 million or so player tasked with doing the job he has been.

Nothing story for me. Nowt wrong with wanting to play in your home league again at the end of your career. It’ll only be at the end though cos of the salary difference.

I think he'll stay and end up going back later in his career.

Agree with toptoon that it's a nothing story.

Looks like I may have misunderstood - seems he said on social media that now might be the time to go back to Spain.
    I think he’s a good player and been a lot less critical than most but if he doesn’t want to be here then he can go, with my best wishes.
    Good player on his day, not consistent enough for this league.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Looks like I may have misunderstood - seems he said on social media that now might be the time to go back to Spain.
    I think he’s a good player and been a lot less critical than most but if he doesn’t want to be here then he can go, with my best wishes.
    Good player on his day, not consistent enough for this league.
    I think that the longer he plays under Rafa then the more consistent he will become.

He does seem to be, and unfairly to my mind, an automatic first choice for Rafa but it would be good fo him, the team and the fans if he developed that consistency to deserve to be an automatic first choice.

I think he's still smarting from the digs he got form a section of fans. I wouldn't read too much into anything at this moment.

I've always loved the lad but he's acting like a little butthurt beeyotch. So you got booed by a minority of fans because you've been playing like dogsh!te. Man the fok up!

Sell him, he ain't all that.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    I've always loved the lad but he's acting like a little butthurt beeyotch. So you got booed by a minority of fans because you've been playing like dogsh!te. Man the fok up!

Sell him, he ain't all that.
    To be honest, I don't see it like that now. When he first did that celebration, he was being an arse because, personally, I don't think the criticism was unfair. But, since then, he's put some very decent shifts in and is doing it to celebrate with the fans rather than as a two fingers-type thing.

As for him wanting to leave, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to want to go home after 5 years here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    To be honest, I don't see it like that now. When he first did that celebration, he was being an arse because, personally, I don't think the criticism was unfair. But, since then, he's put some very decent shifts in and is doing it to celebrate with the fans rather than as a two fingers-type thing.

As for him wanting to leave, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to want to go home after 5 years here.
    He can go, i'm not going to miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    He can go, i'm not going to miss him.
    You may regret that when we lose Rafa and see who the replacement for Perez is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)