+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top 6 Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    OK, so I'm late to the party with this, but I'm confused and can't be bothered going through previous posts...

We're having to go to Easter Road three times in the league this season.
    Why?
    I thought the top 6 was as it was "expected" or "seeded" to be, so all the fixtures for the top 6 should've been "even".
    What am I missing?
    Has someone got in the top 6 that has scuppered this?
    And is someone visiting Pittodrie 3 times that shouldn't?
    That's what I thought too.

Despite it being exactly the same top 6 they've somehow managed to f'uck up the scheduling of the first 33 games to leave us needing to go there 3 times to achieve a 19-19 split of home and away games.

The excuse they've always used for this in the past has been because another club got into the top 6 - so fits the f'uckin excuse this time?

Apart fae the fact they're a bunch of incompetent waanks.

Honestly, this split thing is just yet another load of farcical b'ollocks in a league that's packed full of cringe inducing f'uckwittery.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    That's what I thought too.

Despite it being exactly the same top 6 they've somehow managed to f'uck up the scheduling of the first 33 games to leave us needing to go there 3 times to achieve a 19-19 split of home and away games.

The excuse they've always used for this in the past has been because another club got into the top 6 - so fits the f'uckin excuse this time?

Apart fae the fact they're a bunch of incompetent waanks.

Honestly, this split thing is just yet another load of farcical b'ollocks in a league that's packed full of cringe inducing f'uckwittery.
    The split has it's advantages in that it keeps the mid-table teams with something to play for until April.
    But the obvious downside is the gerrymandering of fixtures from April onwards.
    They have to deliberately position the Glasgow Derby in a place where Celtic can't win the league against the scum - that's potentially detrimental to the other teams in the league.

But going back to my point, I still can't work out who why this anomaly has occurred in us having to play "the Cabbage" three times in Leith?
    Is it St Johnstone being in the bottom 6 that's knackered it?
    I thought the top 6 was as "expected" and the same 6 as last year?

You are not missing anything, just yet more sfa incompetence. We were due to have a 17/16 split this year as we had 16/17 last year so 2 at home and 3 away is fine. It is the same top 6 as last season but for whatever reason the sfa brains trust chose to ignore their usual rule of assuming the same top 6 again and setting out the fixtures accordingly. Why they couldn’t have scheduled us to play Hibs at home twice before the break and make us go to either St Mirren or Hamilton or Motherwell twice away before the break is beyond me. I continue to believe that me and one spreadsheet could run Scottish football way better than the Glasgow mob but I lack the Glasgow bias that is clearly part of the job description

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    You are not missing anything, just yet more sfa incompetence. We were due to have a 17/16 split this year as we had 16/17 last year so 2 at home and 3 away is fine. It is the same top 6 as last season but for whatever reason the sfa brains trust chose to ignore their usual rule of assuming the same top 6 again and setting out the fixtures accordingly. Why they couldn’t have scheduled us to play Hibs at home twice before the break and make us go to either St Mirren or Hamilton or Motherwell twice away before the break is beyond me. I continue to believe that me and one spreadsheet could run Scottish football way better than the Glasgow mob but I lack the Glasgow bias that is clearly part of the job description
    The baseball fixtures - 30 teams playing 162 fixtures in a six-month season and having to work in inter-league play, inter-conference play and the vast distances - was done for many years (decades?) by a middle-aged couple working with nothing more than pencil and paper ... plus a deep understanding of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    The baseball fixtures - 30 teams playing 162 fixtures in a six-month season and having to work in inter-league play, inter-conference play and the vast distances - was done for many years (decades?) by a middle-aged couple working with nothing more than pencil and paper ... plus a deep understanding of the game.
    Henry and Holly Stephenson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234