+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens vs. Falkirk

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Firstly , I have to say that was a very good advert for Scottish Championship football. Two commited teams having a right good ding dong and no one really deserved to lose in the end up. I have no idea what Falkirk's penalty was awarded for but the game looked lost with that late sickener. The richly deserved equaliser keeps our pot simmering onto Saturday now . Thought Leighfield and Stirling were the stand outs for Queens tonight.
    Were there late replacement linesmen for the game as it looked like Dumfries man Brian Templeton with one of
    the flags to me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Were there late replacement linesmen for the game as it looked like Dumfries man Brian Templeton with one of
    the flags to me ?
    Yes believe one of the Linesman's cars came off the road near Moffat on way to game....

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Yes believe one of the Linesman's cars came off the road near Moffat on way to game....
    Yes mate just been told that thanks. So was it the Dumfries linesman that gave the Bairns a penalty cause I am sure the referee never saw it. Also the away support will be kicking themselves after their OTT celebrations led to the man in the middle adding a few more minutes to the game during which the Dobmeister equalised from the spot.

Did notice a car half way through a hedge on the road from Moffat when driving down for the game last night. Maybe it was the linesman’s car. Police were in attendance and hope he’s OK. As for the game Queens played most of the football but had to admire Falkirks fitness and work rate. After the Falkirk penalty I was impressed by the way Queens refused to give up and attacked from the kick off and got their reward. That’s the determination we need for the run in.

It would have been an utter travesty to have lost that game on Tuesday.

Falkirk were way ahead on points at half time, but the second half was a completely different affair, and Dobbie's brilliant attempt which hit the bar was worthy of a match winner.

Once again, a ridiculous 'ball-hand' decision almost cost Queens the game, - and it's high time that the authorities decided to change the laws to reflect the fact that the 'ball-hand' inadvertently stopped the flow of the game, as opposed to a 'hand-ball' which deliberately affected the outcome. In cases of 'ball-hand' an indirect kick should be awarded, - which in itself could be very exciting, - but would stop players being punished for something they hadn't deliberately done. Anyway, - it'll take about 20 years for the authorities to wake up to that possibility - so I'll leave it in abeyance until they catch up.

The Falkirk bench exploded after their penalty went in, - which proves how passionate they are, - as did their fans who turned out in exceptional numbers for a mid-week game. I'm afraid I take my hat off to them for their passion, - although the many fans jumping on to the touchline was a little over exuberant, if not entirely justified.

Queen's reaction to all these events was incredibly professional, and Dobbie's calmness under pressure was amazing, - changing his positioning of his spot kick from Saturday to send the keeper the wrong way and the home crowd into raptures.

My father's face was a picture in those last five minutes, - he couldn't believe that a penalty had been awarded to Falkirk (and flagged for by a Dumfries man) - and then was open -mouthed for our own award, - and like all of us, was still trying to take it all in the next day!

That's the sort of finale that brings fans back to watch live football, - and lets hope many more can be persuaded for the Morton match.

Jardi apologies if I've misunderstood but you are surely not saying that the Falkirk penalty was anything other than an absolute stonewaller. Dykes pretty much punched the ball. No way was it ball to hand. Agree our own award was of the questionable variety but Falkirk`s was a clear penalty.

Dobmeister, I have not seen the highlights and from my vantage point I couldn't honestly see a thing, - so I was assuming that it was a ball -hand incident like the one we suffered in Aberdeen.

If it was a clear penalty then fair enough.

I was much closer to our penalty and was of the opinion that we were extremely fortunate to be awarded it!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Dobmeister, I have not seen the highlights and from my vantage point I couldn't honestly see a thing, - so I was assuming that it was a ball -hand incident like the one we suffered in Aberdeen.

If it was a clear penalty then fair enough.

I was much closer to our penalty and was of the opinion that we were extremely fortunate to be awarded it!
    Cheers.

Totally agree re our penalty. The defender foolishly gets too close to Dykes such that he gives the ref a decision to make but it`s a soft penalty.

The annoying thing for me was that the foul given against Doyle just before the Falkirk penalty was a poor decision. We have to defend the set piece better though.

I guess we should also remember the absolute stonewaller not given to Partick Thistle in stoppage time when we beat them 1-0 at Palmerston. That too could yet prove to be crucial at season`s end.

I've got to say that the sense of fair play in most Queens fans is admirable compared to that of other fans . Immediately , after seeing the highlights of the game , I said on twitter that Falkirk's pen was dodgy . I then got reply after reply from Queens fans saying it was a definite handball. Having had so many saying it was the correct decision, I'm not disputing it. I geniunely though , even now , can't see the deliberate handball . Maybe these near 50 year old eyes are letting me down. Anyway , back to one of my original points. You wouldn't get Falkirk, Thistle or whatever fans readily admitting they got away with one like us southerners do. After seeing some of the crap decisions we have suffered over the years , I'm not feeling guilty one bit and neither should you.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 04-04-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)