Get your very own personalised Tykes Chat gifts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: April fixtures

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,823

    April fixtures

    Heres all the remaining Lg One fixtures that matter in April & May (for Barnsley, Luton, Sunderland, Portsmouth, & Charlton).


    April 3rd
    Accrington v Sunderland

    6th
    Burton v Barnsley
    Luton v Blackpool
    Plymouth v Charlton
    Rochdale v Sunderland
    Wycombe v Portsmouth

    9th
    Sunderland v Burton
    Wycombe v Charlton

    13th
    Barnsley v Fleetwood
    Charlton v Luton
    Portsmouth v Rochdale
    Sunderland v Coventry

    19th
    Oxford v Charlton
    Barnsley v Shrewsbury
    Burton v Portsmouth
    Sunderland v Doncaster

    20th
    Accrington v Luton

    22nd
    Portsmouth v Coventry
    Charlton v Scunnythorpe
    Peterbrough v Sunderland
    Plymouth v Barnsley

    23rd
    Luton v Wimbledon

    27th
    Barnsley v Blackpool
    Burton v Luton
    Gillingham v Charlton
    Sunderland v Portsmouth

    30th
    Fleetwood v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Peterbrough

    4th May
    Bristol Rovs v Barnsley
    Charlton v Rochdale
    Luton v Oxford
    Portsmouth v Accrington
    Southend v Sunderland


    Current table, as of Mar 30th
    1. Luton pld 40, Pts 86.
    2. Barnsley pld 40, Pts 79.
    -----------------------------
    3. Portsmouth pld 39, Pts 74.
    4. Sunderland pld 37, Pts 73.
    5. Charlton pld 39, Pts 70.
    Last edited by Acido; 06-04-2019 at 09:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Heres all the remaining Lg One fixtures that matter in April & May (for Barnsley, Luton, Sunderland, Portsmouth, & Charlton).


    April 3rd
    Accrington v Sunderland

    6th
    Burton v Barnsley
    Luton v Blackpool
    Plymouth v Charlton
    Rochdale v Sunderland
    Wycombe v Portsmouth

    9th
    Sunderland v Burton
    Wycombe v Charlton

    13th
    Barnsley v Fleetwood
    Charlton v Luton
    Portsmouth v Rochdale
    Sunderland v Coventry

    19th
    Oxford v Charlton
    Barnsley v Shrewsbury
    Burton v Portsmouth
    Sunderland v Doncaster

    20th
    Accrington v Luton

    22nd
    Portsmouth v Coventry
    Charlton v Scunnythorpe
    Peterbrough v Sunderland
    Plymouth v Barnsley

    23rd
    Luton v Wimbledon

    27th
    Barnsley v Blackpool
    Burton v Luton
    Gillingham v Charlton
    Sunderland v Portsmouth

    30th
    Fleetwood v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Peterbrough

    4th May
    Bristol Rovs v Barnsley
    Charlton v Rochdale
    Luton v Oxford
    Portsmouth v Accrington
    Southend v Sunderland


    Current table, as of Mar 30th
    1. Luton pld 40, Pts 86.
    2. Barnsley pld 40, Pts 79.
    -----------------------------
    3. Portsmouth pld 39, Pts 74.
    4. Sunderland pld 37, Pts 73.
    5. Charlton pld 39, Pts 70.
    Burton got a big role in the outcome to this season, they could do us some big favours. Up the Brewers after we have beaten them!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,823
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Burton got a big role in the outcome to this season, they could do us some big favours. Up the Brewers after we have beaten them!
    Yes I didnt realise at first, they/Burton have got to play all of the current top 4 teams!. After the next game against us, I say come on Cloughie Jnr and you so called Brewers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,823
    Update, after todays results...


    Current table, as of Apr 6th
    1. Luton pld 41, Pts 87.
    2. Barnsley pld 41, Pts 79.
    -----------------------------
    3. Sunderland pld 39, Pts 79.
    4. Portsmouth pld 40, Pts 77.
    5. Charlton pld 40, Pts 73.



    April 9th
    Sunderland v Burton
    Wycombe v Charlton

    13th
    Barnsley v Fleetwood
    Charlton v Luton
    Portsmouth v Rochdale
    Sunderland v Coventry

    19th
    Oxford v Charlton
    Barnsley v Shrewsbury
    Burton v Portsmouth
    Sunderland v Doncaster

    22nd
    Portsmouth v Coventry
    Charlton v Scunnythorpe
    Peterbrough v Sunderland
    Plymouth v Barnsley

    27th
    Barnsley v Blackpool
    Gillingham v Charlton
    Sunderland v Portsmouth

    30th
    Fleetwood v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Peterbrough

    4th May
    Bristol Rovs v Barnsley
    Charlton v Rochdale
    Portsmouth v Accrington
    Southend v Sunderland
    Last edited by Acido; 06-04-2019 at 09:02 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    896
    i can see us only getting 10 pts with the games left.

    sunderland 15pts

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,823
    Update, after the weekends results...


    Current table, as of Apr 16th
    1. Luton pld 42, Pts 87.
    2. Barnsley pld 42, Pts 82.
    -----------------------------
    3. Sunderland pld 41, Pts 80.
    4. Portsmouth pld 41, Pts 80.
    5. Charlton pld 42, Pts 79.


    19th
    Oxford v Charlton
    Barnsley v Shrewsbury
    Burton v Portsmouth
    Sunderland v Doncaster

    22nd
    Portsmouth v Coventry
    Charlton v Scunnythorpe
    Peterbrough v Sunderland
    Plymouth v Barnsley

    27th
    Barnsley v Blackpool
    Gillingham v Charlton
    Sunderland v Portsmouth

    30th
    Fleetwood v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Peterbrough

    4th May
    Bristol Rovs v Barnsley
    Charlton v Rochdale
    Portsmouth v Accrington
    Southend v Sunderland

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,270
    BFC have got the best run in all winnable games COME ON!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    591
    Cant imagine Fleetwood will do us any favours on 30th.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,229
    We cud all be ruerrin Mundi neet.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    16,166
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We cud all be ruerrin Mundi neet.
    April Showers

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,785
    I’ll tell you what...I’d sooner have our run in than the Mackems or Pompey’s! But i’d rather have Charlton’s than ours! Charlton are the ones to watch?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,229
    Thu'll be sum funny owd unexpected results in run in. Allus is.

    Cup Final weather today.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,785
    Wel, Well, Well, scratch my last comment Oxford 2 Charlton 1 that's put paid to their chances of automatic promotion!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,823
    Update, after the good Friday results...


    Current table, as of Apr 19th
    1. Luton pld 42, Pts 87.
    2. Barnsley pld 43, Pts 85.
    -----------------------------
    3. Sunderland pld 42, Pts 83.
    4. Portsmouth pld 42, Pts 83.
    5. Charlton pld 43, Pts 79.


    20th
    Accrington v Luton

    22nd
    Portsmouth v Coventry
    Charlton v Scunnythorpe
    Peterbrough v Sunderland
    Plymouth v Barnsley

    27th
    Barnsley v Blackpool
    Gillingham v Charlton
    Sunderland v Portsmouth

    30th
    Fleetwood v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Peterbrough

    4th May
    Bristol Rovs v Barnsley
    Charlton v Rochdale
    Portsmouth v Accrington
    Southend v Sunderland

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,578
    Despite winning yesterday I think we're in a worse position.
    We beat a team we were big favourites to win.
    Portsmouth had much more difficult fixtures and they both won.
    If Portsmouth hadn't got that late winner they would probably had to win at Sunderland.
    Hopefully Moore coming back will help us to 3 more wins and promotion.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Despite winning yesterday I think we're in a worse position. We beat a team we were big favourites to win.
    Portsmouth had much more difficult fixtures and they both won. If Portsmouth hadn't got that late winner they would probably had to win at Sunderland.
    Hopefully Moore coming back will help us to 3 more wins and promotion.
    The dreaded scenario for me, is us maybe having to concede 2nd place to either Sunderland or Portsmouth. And having to watch them play each other and not knowing who to boo and who to cheer.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,823
    Update, after the Easter & Tuesday results...


    Current table, as of Apr 23rd
    1. Luton pld 44, gd +47, Pts 91.
    2. Barnsley pld 44, gd +41, Pts 88.
    -------------------------------------
    3. Portsmouth pld 43, gd +33, Pts 86.
    4. Sunderland pld 43, gd +35, Pts 84.


    27th
    Barnsley v Blackpool
    Sunderland v Portsmouth
    Burton v Luton

    30th
    Fleetwood v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Peterbrough

    4th May
    Bristol Rovs v Barnsley
    Portsmouth v Accrington
    Southend v Sunderland
    Luton v Oxford
    Last edited by Acido; 24-04-2019 at 01:31 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,823
    This all might be playing into our hands after all, with Luton still within reach and the teams behind us having to play each other this weekend. Just think, we might be in the position of needing a win to definitely clinch promotion on the final day at Bristol Rovs, and if theres a chance of the league title in it as well, wow thats going to be one heck of a tense atmosphere.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This all might be playing into our hands after all, with Luton still within reach and the teams behind us having to play each other this weekend. Just think, we might be in the position of needing a win to definitely clinch promotion on the final day at Bristol Rovs, and if theres a chance of the league title in it as well, wow thats going to be one heck of a tense atmosphere.
    We haven't beat Blackpool yet Acido Also It isn't even in our own hands. If Portsmouth win all their matches we won't need John Snow and the swingometer.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,823
    I know that Ponty kid, and Im trying to be calm right now and not take this Blacky match for granted... but its tough because I/we desperately want the win, and 3 more points of course dont we!.
    And as for it being in our own hands, well that will be the case IF we beat Blacky and also IF Portsmouth dont win away at Sunderland. But yes at the moment, its in their hands!.

    Feeling nervous yet anybody ?, err yes I am just a little bit lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 24-04-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •