+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A post about Mel Morris but....

A post about Mel Morris but....

Its a positive one

If I have to give some credit its at least he didn't fire his gun during the baron spell a few weeks ago

If we are going down the cutting spending route under him then now is the time, Lampard isn't my choice to do it under but so be it

Liking the sell before we buy message we seem to be getting from the club

Looking after the club needs to be his first priority

I'd take selling Bogle and Lawrence if we could get in some decent loans and lower league signings

Marriott despite being pretty average will get goals in this league and I'm sure we can find more cheaper signings like him in the summer

Agree. There will be some ougoings this summer. Incoming? Maybe less than fans would like?

Lampard has shown that if he thinks a young "one of our own" is worth a shot, they will get it. That is the path MM wants us to go down. I hope Lamps doesn't get offered the Chelsea job in the summer. I am sure he would accept it and he would, IMO, be wrong to do so. Nowhere near enough managerial experience to take a "top 4" job.

I mean, if Lamps did go, who would come in would give as many of our kids a go the way Lamps has. At the moment he fits the club and vice versa.

Jodie Morris

Jody Morris would be off with Lampard imo

I'd give it to one our youth coaches, with the orders being blood the youngsters

if not then go down the Stoke route and get in a lower league manager like Nathan Jones, and they need to be told to blood younguns and play a certain way, just don't put stupid pressure on them to deliever right away, it takes time to get it right going down that route

Stoke might be average at the moment but I doubt they'll be that bad next season once Jones has got his own lads in and got them playing his style.

Norwich are our blue print imo, they had a plan and stuck to it, Mel Morris can still rescue this if he does the right things now. I'm a little encouraged by the fact he didn't sack Lampard during the baron spell, I would have done (which contradicts what I'm always saying I know), maybe he has learned from his mistakes in the past.

Stop spending obscene amounts on players being the first objective

Why would Lampard be offered the Chelsea job? He’s made a promising start to the first year of his managerial career, nothing more.
    Apart from his Chelsea/London connection there is no reason to suppose that Chelsea are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Why would Lampard be offered the Chelsea job? He’s made a promising start to the first year of his managerial career, nothing more.
    Apart from his Chelsea/London connection there is no reason to suppose that Chelsea are interested.
    Great minds............

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Great minds............
    Just common sense imo, Amster. Lampard to Chelsea is just paper talk.

If he’d achieved miracles with us I’d be concerned but he’s achieved much the same as Rowett so far. That’s okay and understandable in his first nine months of management but it isn’t likely to attract the big boys.

Should he get us up, either this season or next, I’m sure the situation will change though I think he’s more likely to go to West Ham first before Chelsea who can afford their pick of proven managers and might, in any case, want to stick with Sarri for the foreseeable.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)