+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Installment On Bolton Woes

At the minute,the next two home games are to be played behind closed doors due to safety issues

Typical ****in judas.Asked about a return to Bolton."Show me the money".If anybody takes over,the original debt needs to bs sorted before spending again

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I remember reading two or three years ago that the debt was at least £70 million. I don't know what the position is now, but recent events suggest the club is crippled. Sooner or later a 'big' club was going to take one risk too many, and it looks like Bolton may be the one. I suspect it could be the first many. That's been said for years and clubs have somehow muddled through, but I think we're coming to the end of the period where satellite TV could keep signing bigger contracts and putting their fees up without a loss of custom, so stand by for many more clubs to find they've visited the well once too often. Let's just hope Notts get through their current problems and LEARN FROM THEM!
    Yeah, this was bound to happen sooner or later. The amount of money needed to compete in the second tier these days is staggering, and far more than any club can bring in through revenue. The recent info about Forest's spending and loss just goes to show.

All it takes is one rich and profligate owner to lose interest and pretty much any club in the Championship could go under. The only thing that can save these clubs is another, richer owner coming in and taking on the debt - but there are only so many of those around. The whole thing is a house of cards.

It used to be that you needed a mega-rich owner to win the Premier League - like when Abramovic arrived at Chelsea. But now you need it just to survive as a professional club in pretty much any division. With so many clubs over-spending, it's a matter of time until we see clubs disappearing completely. It's a tragedy for the fans and communities.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, this was bound to happen sooner or later. The amount of money needed to compete in the second tier these days is staggering, and far more than any club can bring in through revenue. The recent info about Forest's spending and loss just goes to show.

All it takes is one rich and profligate owner to lose interest and pretty much any club in the Championship could go under. The only thing that can save these clubs is another, richer owner coming in and taking on the debt - but there are only so many of those around. The whole thing is a house of cards.

It used to be that you needed a mega-rich owner to win the Premier League - like when Abramovic arrived at Chelsea. But now you need it just to survive as a professional club in pretty much any division. With so many clubs over-spending, it's a matter of time until we see clubs disappearing completely. It's a tragedy for the fans and communities.
    No, it isn't, Mr Slack. Nobody will die as a result. For me, tragedy normally involves loss of life. It's only 22 players kicking a piece of leather about a field.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    No, it isn't, Mr Slack. Nobody will die as a result. For me, tragedy normally involves loss of life. It's only 22 players kicking a piece of leather about a field.
    The voice of the establishment and non attending supporter.

C'mon folks! Roll up, roll up! Who'll be the first with a hook in the mouth?

Apparently Bolton have cancelled all bookings regarding their conferencing bits and hotel. I don't think this will be a happy outcome sadly

Let's not get bogged down in semantics, Sid. You know what I mean. Obviously the death of a football club cannot be compared to the death of a person, but the loss of generations' worth of history and heritage, not to mention the role football clubs play in bringing people and whole communities together, could be considered tragic.

Tragic: causing or characterised by extreme distress and sorrow.

If Notts County disappearing wouldn't cause you extreme sorrow, the club obviously doesn't mean as much to you as it does to me.

Well argued, mate, and yes I would be very upset if we disappear as a club but having had more than my fair share of tragedy involving loss of life these last ten years, I think that to call the loss of a club a tragedy is inflated language not mere semantics.

Well argued, mate, and yes I would be very upset if we disappear as a club but having had more than my fair share of tragedy involving loss of life these last ten years, I think that to call the loss of a club a tragedy is inflated language not mere semantics.
    I have lost people too, and I totally understand what you are saying. But it's all about context. In the context of football, losing a club with a long tradition and big support is tragic. Of course, none of this compares to losing a loved one. I'm sure you understand the nuance.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast