+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Installment On Bolton Woes

Next Installment On Bolton Woes

Players go on strike now only for 48hrs, not sure what that will achieve tho.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47775158
    Last edited by Glad2BeAPie; 01-04-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Some are saying they've been sold to a twice bankrupt chap who was banned from running a business for 3 years, others are saying he's failed the fit and proper persons test (as you'd hope anyone with that record would) they've got until Wednesday to sort it, if it's not sorted by then, I believe they're gone, probably why they only have a 48 hour strike as after then, they won't be an employer to strike against

Jeez they're in a mess, can't really see how they get out of it...so sad for Bolton fans. Tragic.

Tragic. Bolton are a great old club with a rich history. So sad for their fans. But if they go under (and I still don't think they will) it will set a scary precedent for other clubs - Bolton are are no Darlington or R&Ds, they're a truly big club. If they go, many others could follow.

Does anyone know if their current problems stem from their time in the Prem under Big Sam? Or have they been run into the ground since then? If the former, it just goes to show what the price of temporary success can be. Any club spending an unsustainable amount of money (like us) should take note.

I would imagine their debt is very high,not even manageable in business terms,even for someone mega rich.If they do get someone to take over,they will be in the same boat in few years,same as the last change under Holdsworth.
    Paying the price for taking judas & living the so called "dream"

Next 2 homes games in doubt

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Next 2 homes games in doubt
    That'll see them relegated and probably see them in either more financial bother. If the court does grant them another extension (bearing in mind I think the court are at their wits end with them and gave them just two weeks last time!) That will massively hamper cash flow for them

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    I would imagine their debt is very high,not even manageable in business terms,even for someone mega rich.If they do get someone to take over,they will be in the same boat in few years,same as the last change under Holdsworth.
    Paying the price for taking judas & living the so called "dream"
    I remember reading two or three years ago that the debt was at least £70 million. I don't know what the position is now, but recent events suggest the club is crippled. Sooner or later a 'big' club was going to take one risk too many, and it looks like Bolton may be the one. I suspect it could be the first many. That's been said for years and clubs have somehow muddled through, but I think we're coming to the end of the period where satellite TV could keep signing bigger contracts and putting their fees up without a loss of custom, so stand by for many more clubs to find they've visited the well once too often. Let's just hope Notts get through their current problems and LEARN FROM THEM!

Is tomorrow DDay in court?

Yes, they're up before the court after 10:30, they're 39 in the list. If they haven't got a deal done, and they're no closer to a deal than they were last time they said they had a mystery buyer (who apparently isn't the same one as this one!) I can see the judge throwing the book at them

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast