+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Letter to Mrs May

O/T Letter to Mrs May

Dear Mrs May,
    Please find below some suggestions for fixing Brexit.

Instead of giving billions of pounds to Eurocrats, that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it a Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 10 million people over 50 years of age in the work force. Pay them 1 million pounds each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1. They MUST retire.
    Ten million job openings- unemployment fixed.

2. They MUST buy a new British car. Ten million cars ordered - Car industry fixed.

3. They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing crisis fixed

4. They MUST send all their kids to school/university.
    Crime rate fixed.

5. They MUST buy £100 worth of tobacco/alcohol a week.
    And there's your money back in duty/tax. etc.

It can't get any easier than that.

PS. If more money is needed, have all members of Parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowance.

If you think it would work, also try this great idea.

Let's put all the pensioners in jail and the criminals in old folks homes.
    This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheelchairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly if they fell or needed assistance.
    Bedding would be washed twice a week and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check in on them every 20 minutes and bring them their meals and snacks to their cells.
    They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education.
    Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free on rerequest.

Private secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard with gardens.

Each senior could have a PC, TV, radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints and the guards would have a strict code of conduct that had to be strictly adhered to.

On the reverse:
    Criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. Lights would be off at 8pm and showers would be once a week. They would live in a tiny room and have to pay £600 a week and have no hope of ever getting out.

Think about this as more points of contention):

COWS
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic, our government could track a single cow , born in Appleby almost 3 years ago, right to the stall where it slept in the county of Cumbria.
    even then, they even tracked her calves to their stalls, but they are unable to locate 155,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country. Maybe we should give them each of them a cow.
    Last edited by Brin; 01-04-2019 at 09:46 PM.

I've spotted a flaw in the maths. 10 million people consuming £100 worth of tobacco/alcohol a week, who's going to pay for their health care

PS You mean you can buy a house for under a million, I'm on my way back

Sad reflection on today's society that it actually makes sense !

& well done CAMiller it is Maths not Math

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I've spotted a flaw in the maths. 10 million people consuming £100 worth of tobacco/alcohol a week, who's going to pay for their health care

They could give it away to several friends thereby lessening the burden on the NHS 👍

Theres plenty of reasonable housing stock in East Wood/Dene/Heringthorpe Cam

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Theres plenty of reasonable housing stock in East Wood/Dene/Heringthorpe Cam
    Surely not for under a million?

PS How are you liking the new PGA rules for matchplay where holes or matches are no longer halved but are tied and during play you are no longer all square but are also tied? Someone earned big bucks for thinking that up!

Surely not for under a million?

PS How are you liking the new PGA rules for matchplay where holes or matches are no longer halved but are tied and during play you are no longer all square but are also tied? Someone earned big bucks for thinking that up!
    Wasnt aware of that CAM, have some matchplay events in May so we might have to cancel them completely until we can understand the new rules

Easy plan that even the thick as pig**** MPs can understand

If you represent a constituency where the majority voted leave, then vote leave in all of this Brexit process.

Easy peasy, just do it.

That’s your job.

Ten million times one million pounds? How many hundreds of billions is that?!

It's such a big figure, a calculator won't even register it properly, it just says 1e+13.

Well, a thousand times a million is a billion.

Ten thousand times a million is ten billion.

A hundred thousand times a million is a hundred billion.

A million times a million is a trillion.

Ten million times a million is therefore ten trillion.

The author of this post (not Brin) is seriously suggesting we just hand over ten trillion pounds and not one of you has stopped to think that this plan might, just might be unworkable?!