+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Wolves v Man.Utd Matchday Thread

Wolves v Man.Utd Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

A big improvement is required from Wolves after Saturday's defeat at Burnley. Wembley can wait, it's the league that counts tonight.

Will not be able to follow the game live today, bugger! Never mind will record it for later.

COMB. Do us proud, a good win will up our confidence for the semi.

Very sad. To my knowledge this was the first match thread that has gone by without any "live" comments. Sign of the times I guess.

Any way, watched the game, of course pleased with the result, but in all honesty I didn't really enjoy it. I've had this feeling after a number of our games, I can't put my finger on what it is, maybe we look too predictable, slow motion some times I don't know. Maybe it's just me!

Three good points anyway. Watford coming up, this will be a real tough one and if we are not on our toes we might get stuffed.

As I sat in my seat waiting for the players to come out and warm up, I felt a quiet confidence that we would get a result. Not sure I would have felt like that if we were about to play Huddersfield.

As in several of our games this season the start of play was greeted with yet another heavy rain/sleet storm.. After the inclement weather earlier in the day the pitch was very slippery, and several players had trouble keeping their feet. In turn the ball skidded over the surface at pace making it difficult for the two International keepers. Patricio, once again had an impressive game, making several excellent saves.

United started well, as expected, but having gone a goal down to the impressive young Scot McTominay, Wolves were given a lifeline when poor understanding between De Gea and Fred allowed the impressive Jimenez to feed Jota who blasted past the hapless United keeper. I think I heard that United have not lost a game for several years when they have scored first. While Wolves have now taken 13 points from the top six so far, more than any team outside the top six.

We were holding our own in an entertaining game when Young was handed his second yellow, and subsequent red. I thought then that United would shut up shop, but they kept trying to go for a winner which eventually played into our hands. Dendoncker was announced as the scorer of our second, but having seen it again it appeared to go in of Smalling's hand.

It was a hard earned, but very welcomed three points, while the defeat of the reds has caused commotion on their forum. Already calls for the managers head, and the sacking of almost all of their players. We apparently are a team of 'Journey man players'. 'We did nothing and did not deserve to win'. Well it looked to me last night that some of the United players did not really want to be out there and it looks as if Lukaku is being sponsored by Mcdonalds. Pogba has done nothing in the two recent games against us.

Jorge Mendes was again in attendance last night and must have been impressed by the performance of Vinagre. He has recorded the fastest sprint in the Premier league this season, and just when you think you have seen everything in his box of tricks, he comes up with an audacious flick to try and send Cav clear. This lad is just 19 years old and his potential is just frightening.

In summary Man U could have scored three in the first half but they didn't and if Cavaleiro had hit the target instead of the bar, a three one score line in our favour would not have been an injustice.

I thought Man.Utd started the game with an high tempo and once McTominay had given them the lead, i wouldn't have complained had they had scored a couple more. Patricio was excellent, two saves either side of the goal. But like in a lot of games against the top sides, Wolves have done well.

Man.Utd and especially their defenders must hate facing both Jota and Jimenez, with the pair linking up for Jota to equalise. From then on our tempo increased. It was a good game to be at and the atmosphere again was a good one.

Referee's have been in the spotlight again this week, but credit to Mike Dean for dealing with Ashley Young for his two rash challenges. I don't care how we score goals as long as one goes in and Smalling won't want to see our winner again.They all count. It's just a pity really that Cavalerio's effort was hit with such power to come back off the bar.

An excellent win and performance, a total contrast to the Burnley defeat. Roll on Wembley now!

A goal to enjoy, over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post

A goal to enjoy, over and over again.
    Great stuff, offside as all get out, but still great stuff!!

More highlights from the game!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)