+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Grand national

O/T Grand national

Don't forget to bet on the first horse to have the black screen pulled around it.
    Horrible spectical.

Wholeheartedly agree....

You mean have the black screen pulled around it because it’s cheaper to shoot them than feed a horse bringing in no income.

Again in English Jolly.

Ok crash

Horses shot because they can’t earn money any more

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ok crash

Horses shot because they can’t earn money any more
    That's not fair. Leg breaks on racehorses are very difficult to repair and it's almost impossible to prevent re-injury. The owners of Aldyar spent a large amount to fix a break but only two days after getting the all-clear it broke again. Many owners maintain horses long after their racing career has finished and long after their usefulness for breeding is past. Grist, I've said before, your unrelenting cynicism continually leads you into error. Brighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    That's not fair. Leg breaks on racehorses are very difficult to repair and it's almost impossible to prevent re-injury. The owners of Aldyar spent a large amount to fix a break but only two days after getting the all-clear it broke again. Many owners maintain horses long after their racing career has finished and long after their usefulness for breeding is past. Grist, I've said before, your unrelenting cynicism continually leads you into error. Brighten up.
    Not cynicism, reality.

Not all of the horses that get the bullet have broken a leg some have repairable injuries but the " economic" decision is made. Yes I agree some owners do actually go the distance for the animal, but some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not cynicism, reality.

Not all of the horses that get the bullet have broken a leg some have repairable injuries but the " economic" decision is made. Yes I agree some owners do actually go the distance for the animal, but some don't.
    Agreed, Grist. I remember the famous racehorse Zilzal. It "died" several times but its owner - a doctor in Leicestershire I think - refused to accept the inevitable and brought it back to life several times.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Agreed, Grist. I remember the famous racehorse Zilzal. It "died" several times but its owner - a doctor in Leicestershire I think - refused to accept the inevitable and brought it back to life several times.

Not sure which horses are running in the Grand National, but are there any Millersmad "coincidence name" tips? Must be a horse running with a name like... Multi Python, or Violent Threat, or Ban Yourself, Bogus Doctor, Idiot. B. Idiot, Mexican Wall, Kempo's Folly , Pokem's Practice, Unwed Too, School Leopard, etc. ?
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Zilzal reappear on here before the race
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-04-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Put your bets on with Bet365, by far the best offer, same as last year. If you were
    going to put, say, a quid on 4 horses each to win the National, then put them on
    each way with Bet365 instead.

They are offering half your stake back for all each way bets up to £125. This
    effectively means you are getting the each way part of your bet for free. So if
    you were planning to put a fiver each way on a horse, go to Bet365 instead and
    put on a tenner each way. Then you will get a tenner of your £20 stake back.
    Fantastic offer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast