+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should Alex fans support Smurthwaite

Should Alex fans support Smurthwaite

Smurthwaite owns the Vale and also takes any monies for the sale of food and drink within the ground for himself. With a big following expected he will be expecting to make a tidy sum of money . I for one will not be giving him any of my money and ask that others consider this as well .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Smurthwaite owns the Vale and also takes any monies for the sale of food and drink within the ground for himself. With a big following expected he will be expecting to make a tidy sum of money . I for one will not be giving him any of my money and ask that others consider this as well .
    You probably need a reality check, you may not like Smurfwaite or even vale but take a look at our owner and then you will see that Smurf is not that bad. He and his family have had to put up with death threats so you can understand why he has decided to walk a away, the fans want him gone and he's going. I just wish our owner would go, Smurf has put his own money into vale, our owner continues to take money out, I will be at vale despite Hasall, as for Smurf he's not really my concern.

Smurthwaite is that bad,he is an extremely dangerous owner who has publicly said that our club is dead to him and he ain't bothered.

He and his family have had to put up with a bit of stress considering the amount of bile he and his daughter spewed on twitter,but that has to be expected if you want to abuse your customers as for death threats ? well if you have had that from the man himself well I would take it with a pinch of salt.

As for putting his own money into the club it wasn't a gift it was a loan,an exaggerated one at that.

Why do you put up with your owner,apparently your AGM was like a vicars tea party with everyone nodding in agreement,if you want Hassall out put him under pressure and fight for your club,Smurthwaite doesn't want to go he's making too much money however in Mafia terms he is being persuaded to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    Smurthwaite is that bad,he is an extremely dangerous owner who has publicly said that our club is dead to him and he ain't bothered.

He and his family have had to put up with a bit of stress considering the amount of bile he and his daughter spewed on twitter,but that has to be expected if you want to abuse your customers as for death threats ? well if you have had that from the man himself well I would take it with a pinch of salt.

As for putting his own money into the club it wasn't a gift it was a loan,an exaggerated one at that.

Why do you put up with your owner,apparently your AGM was like a vicars tea party with everyone nodding in agreement,if you want Hassall out put him under pressure and fight for your club,Smurthwaite doesn't want to go he's making too much money however in Mafia terms he is being persuaded to leave.
    Like I said compared to our main shareholder Smurf is not that bad. Our AGM might not be like a vicar tea party but that's mainly because our majority shareholder is not there and he does not attend any games. Our board of directors want him gone but he is asking for too much money. We can demonstrate but as our BOD also want him gone there is not much point he is never there and I'm not in favour of personal, you may differ, but your club has a buyer, maybe, so all is well in Burslem unless you start next season on -10 points, but will it be sold before or after administration. Thanks for visiting our site.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Like I said compared to our main shareholder Smurf is not that bad. Our AGM might not be like a vicar tea party but that's mainly because our majority shareholder is not there and he does not attend any games. Our board of directors want him gone but he is asking for too much money. We can demonstrate but as our BOD also want him gone there is not much point he is never there and I'm not in favour of personal, you may differ, but your club has a buyer, maybe, so all is well in Burslem unless you start next season on -10 points, but will it be sold before or after administration. Thanks for visiting our site.
    -12 points I believe?

Sorry I thought Hassall was there,knowing Vale fans and Stoke come to that they would go and find him and "Ask" him to clear off !

Its very frustrating for lower league clubs who struggle enough as it is,but then then to have someone like Hassall and Smurthwaite putting a spoke in the wheel it makes it worse.

Anyway to the game, my sources are telling me Hunt will play instead of Ray, not the quickest but experienced I suppose, unless there are any injuries I expect us to keep the same team that finished Saturday.

Will settle for a draw now !

The main difference seems to be that Smurf owns 100% of the Vale and can do pretty much as he pleases. I know that Hassall has restructured the Alex for his own financial gain and, as majority shareholder, has a pretty free reign but it seems to be in his interest to keep the club going so that he can maximise his personal income. The other thing of course is that, as has been said, we never see him whereas Smurf, like Boris Johnson, can’t help himself but make public appearances and utterances, each of which can look dafter than the last!

It looks as though he is ready to sell up, and I wish you all the best saving your club. I suspect he will have lost money whilst owning the Vale (am ready to be corrected) where Hassall certainly hasn’t. Either way, with Bury the latest club not to pay their players this month, I reckon we are comparatively well off at Crewe, with a Chairman who is working hard to keep us solvent, even profitable, and maintain the traditions of the club.

I guess the overall lesson is Beware of anyone called Norman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    The main difference seems to be that Smurf owns 100% of the Vale and can do pretty much as he pleases. I know that Hassall has restructured the Alex for his own financial gain and, as majority shareholder, has a pretty free reign but it seems to be in his interest to keep the club going so that he can maximise his personal income. The other thing of course is that, as has been said, we never see him whereas Smurf, like Boris Johnson, can’t help himself but make public appearances and utterances, each of which can look dafter than the last!

It looks as though he is ready to sell up, and I wish you all the best saving your club. I suspect he will have lost money whilst owning the Vale (am ready to be corrected) where Hassall certainly hasn’t. Either way, with Bury the latest club not to pay their players this month, I reckon we are comparatively well off at Crewe, with a Chairman who is working hard to keep us solvent, even profitable, and maintain the traditions of the club.

I guess the overall lesson is Beware of anyone called Norman!!!
    A good summing up of the situation we both find ourselves in,I suspect along with many many others doubt he has lost a bean,but proving it is another matter.

Your last sentence about anyone called Norman sums it up wonderfully.