+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Greenock Morton

Firstly, we deserved to win on sheer amount of chances BUT Morton could have won with a couple of opportunities that looked easy enough - at this level - to put away. -----------Secondly , Wilson was MOM for me . Killie are seeing we are giving this lad decent game time so hopefully if Kilmarnock have others available of this kind of standard , then we will be near the front of the queue in acquiring a loan. . A Scottish Under 21 international who has played plenty of games in the Premier League, Wilson has all the credentials and will be interesting to chart his progress when going back to parent club.-------------Slightly dissapointing that we never won but not been beaten in the last three games is a huge improvement on what was going on previously.--------Its clear to me that the players are busting their b@lls for the team and we should keep supporting right to the end to help secure safety no matter the pitfalls ahead -------The SLO have come up with an interesting proposition as regards helping the club bring in players that could make a difference to our form and quality. The guys have looked at ways teams across the UK go about bolstering player funds . Not everyone can afford an extra tenner a month I know, but for those that can , have a think about this initiative-------- ps Not many folk praise or mention Scott Mercer but I think the lad is doing a grand job for us . Very fit boy who likes to get up the park and assist the attack when possible. He has come on a tonne and personally hope he's a Palmerston next season.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 07-04-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Firstly, we deserved to win on sheer amount of chances BUT Morton could have won with a couple of opportunities that looked easy enough - at this level - to put away. -----------Secondly , Wilson was MOM for me . Killie are seeing we are giving this lad decent game time so hopefully if Kilmarnock have others available of this kind of standard , then we will be near the front of the queue in acquiring a loan. . A Scottish Under 21 international who has played plenty of games in the Premier League, Wilson has all the credentials and will be interesting to chart his progress when going back to parent club.-------------Slightly dissapointing that we never won but not been beaten in the last three games is a huge improvement on what was going on previously.--------Its clear to me that the players are busting their b@lls for the team and we should keep supporting right to the end to help secure safety no matter the pitfalls ahead -------The SLO have come up with an interesting proposition as regards helping the club bring in players that could make a difference to our form and quality. The guys have looked at ways teams across the UK go about bolstering player funds . Not everyone can afford an extra tenner a month I know, but for those that can , have a think about this initiative-------- ps Not many folk praise or mention Scott Mercer but I think the lad is doing a grand job for us . Very fit boy who likes to get up the park and assist the attack when possible. He has come on a tonne and personally hope he's a Palmerston next season.
    Nothing to disagree with in this post JR and your praise of Wilson is very much in line with my own thoughts on this talented lad. Mercer is making the right back position his own which helps our over stretched squad to better utilise our players properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Nothing to disagree with in this post JR and your praise of Wilson is very much in line with my own thoughts on this talented lad. Mercer is making the right back position his own which helps our over stretched squad to better utilise our players properly.

its been very frustrating this season ,we have some decent performers at the club and to be fighting for survival should never be on the cards ,if only our manager let players loose more often instead of shackling them to a defensive position ,if we can survive it this season i hope our board learn the major lesson from this campaign and address it ,(squad depth)

I don't think us being a feeder club for bigger teams player development aka loan signings is the way forward in the long term.
    Great for a quick fix but in terms of plans of progressing to the dizzy heights of a potential challenge for the SPL, is going to see us have to do a one hit wonder of a season as every season is a rebuild job. Concistency is the root to success.

We are a good team on our day when set up correctly. Just these spells in the season of setting up defensive negative football has dragged us down to a unnesesary dog fight.

Mercer has looked great recently as has Marshall. Wonder if it’s got anything to do with playing along side Doyle who never stops talking and encouraging them throughout the game. He’s a player I’d love to see at Palmerston next season.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    I don't think us being a feeder club for bigger teams player development aka loan signings is the way forward in the long term.
    Great for a quick fix but in terms of plans of progressing to the dizzy heights of a potential challenge for the SPL, is going to see us have to do a one hit wonder of a season as every season is a rebuild job. Concistency is the root to success.

We are a good team on our day when set up correctly. Just these spells in the season of setting up defensive negative football has dragged us down to a unnesesary dog fight.
    Players that you sign on the dotted line are only here for I season anyway . If they get a better offer 6 months in , they they can sign a pre contract with someone else ( Todd and Dykes). Some only last 4 months ( Harkins) . I know what you are getting at but in this age of 1 year deals , getting a loan of a youngster for 6 months or a year isn't much difference.

Players that you sign on the dotted line are only here for I season anyway . If they get a better offer 6 months in , they they can sign a pre contract with someone else ( Todd and Dykes). Some only last 4 months ( Harkins) . I know what you are getting at but in this age of 1 year deals , getting a loan of a youngster for 6 months or a year isn't much difference.
    I agree that the players and their agents now dictate their terms of contract and few will sign up for longer than a season with the obvious exception being Sir Stephen Dobbie but he is content to give his final years to the team that gave him the opportunity in the game to make it to the top level. Loyalty to any club is indeed rare these days for obvious financial reasons when rewards are so much higher elsewhere.

Just pissed cant comment on Dobbie missing some sitters, but what the keck.

https://youtu.be/1HfwKVIENdA

Morton highlights

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)