+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're in a good place - Tony

We're in a good place - Tony

Speaking to the clubs official website, chairman Tony Stewart speaks of his ambition to move the Millers forward. - External Link

With just a little more ambition we would have been in a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    With just a little more ambition we would have been in a better place.
    Correct Patty but, would you rather we sign an unbalanced player who's disruptive or that cost the earth and didn't deliver or, have a Chairman who's watching the balance and running his business in the correct fashion? Christ I sound like Kerr.....

I use to think the same way as what you've posted but I've mellowed of late as it's not worth getting too upset about it. Being realistic, next season we're in a league where WE can flex our muscles. Let's hope it's a great campaign and we ALL enjoy success.

Possibly, Patty. We might also have found ourselves in League 1 with a high wage bill that made it more difficult to recruit for next season.

I'm just hoping that posters boomark this thread so that there can be no doubt about what was said.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Possibly. We might also be in League 1 with a high wage bill that made it more difficult to recruit for next season.

I'm just hoping that posters boomark this thread so that there can be no doubt about what was said.
    Kerr, I will not retract from what I've just posted........

Erm... I'm not asking you to.

Just thought I would....

I take it you are quoting what Tony has said?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Correct Patty but, would you rather we sign an unbalanced player who's disruptive or that cost the earth and didn't deliver or, have a Chairman who's watching the balance and running his business in the correct fashion? Christ I sound like Kerr......
    True brin we don’t want any expensive bad eggs but the issue for me is the unclear budget, you get TS saying we don’t have a fixed budget but also saying the money is there, now I don’t know about you but I think a budget is a necessity for any club no matter how small it is.

I know iv said that before but I’m pointing it out again because it’s the exact reason I don’t think we are in a good place, we are reliant on free transfers and loans while lads who progress run their contracts down because of poor pay.

On a pure financial point of view we are doing ok though but how long will that last with TS pockets zipped shut, will depend on the fans patience

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    True brin we don’t want any expensive bad eggs but the issue for me is the unclear budget, you get TS saying we don’t have a fixed budget but also saying the money is there, now I don’t know about you but I think a budget is a necessity for any club no matter how small it is.

I know iv said that before but I’m pointing it out again because it’s the exact reason I don’t think we are in a good place, we are reliant on free transfers and loans while lads who progress run their contracts down because of poor pay.

On a pure financial point of view we are doing ok though but how long will that last with TS pockets zipped shut, will depend on the fans patience
    Very good points fella.....

It will be interesting to see what happens if we do sell someone for big money.
    Will we for first time ever spend big ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast