+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boredom with football

Boredom with football

On the red button on the bbc tonight is welsh women against czech women, or is it slovak women. Who cares. When there is already to much football on tv we get even more.
    If you get sky, bt, premier, free football, and god knows what else, it is possible to watch football almost round the clock. Taking a macro look at it, there is always the next game.

If Cambridge won div 2 this year, next year comes along, and its gone. It doesnt mean anything anymore. On another level, its also so what, winning div 2 is no achievement. That applies to the premiership, it applies to the world cup. I couldnt get excited about England finishing fourth.

If they had won it, so what. I could watch every England game if i wanted, but it doesnt do anything anymore. I saw the England qualifier v Scotland two seasons ago, and all i wanted to do is go home. Before the game started.

Every game is similar, there is no contrasts in style anymore. Its boring, you might as well read a book in the first half. There are no characters. The players are anonymous, most coming from god knows where. The money is obscene, and at Cambridges level its good money for almost nowt. United players cant be bothered to run. Football is a running game, but no one wants to do it, especially Cambridge players this year. Why bother being a pro footballer if you only give 50 per cent?

Theres always another game. It doesnt mean anything anymore. The use it is to me now i suppose is to pass time, which cant be underestimated considering the vast expanse of eternity before us. What would we do without it??? Good question, we could play catch with a tennis ball against a wall, or,,,do something useful. Imagine an evening without the TV on, or watching football. I can. Distraction is so damaging.

Sorry Frank, I started reading that but fell asleep after the first two lines. What was it about?

You cant get a pint in a half pint pot. Carry on doing what your doing, and thats watching Carlisle. Good luck with that.

Have you considered taking up wan­nking again, Francis? It really is ace.

*Wan­king, obv.

Isnt it true griff that the only reason you buy a season ticket is to keep Carlisles employees in a job.? Do gooding extraordinaire. If they got fired you doughnut, they could get another job, or go on benefits, which are the best in the world.

Your do gooding appalls me. You are preventing growth in individuals by robbing them of hardship, if you can call it that, i wouldnt. Starving, freezing, or disease is hardship, living in England is a piece of cake, thats why everyone wants to come here.
    Your conscience is misplaced. Do not buy another season ticket, just dont do it. Go to Benidorm with it, feed the birds daily, give a depressed child a milky bar.

Then theres Chalky, he doesnt watch County anymore. The older you are the more you realise football is nonsense. If you are a player, a director, or have some dealings with a football club, daily, then some sort of interest is normal. Not detached individuals who decide their money and self esteem is part of United, Carlisle or anyone else. Winning or losing means jot, because there is no involvement.

Whoever reads this, withdraw your financial commitment, your happiness does not rest with the corrupt practices of football where your club will fail almost all the time. Stop paying players to cheat you, and the opposition. You are CRAZY to carry on.

The thing is that every time I go down to watch Notts Frank I come out of the ground pissed off with what I saw,they are constantly bad and every time I think that they can't get any worst they prove me wrong the following week,then just as you realise that relegation is all but a certainty they play a top six team and beat them to put themselves back in the mix again
    I think that it's going to go down to the last game of the season so I've booked the final Saturday off and will go to Swindon to see them in their final game as a league club or see them crawl out of the bottom two in the final 90 mins,it's not been a boring season by any means of the imagination so maybe I'm not finished with football just yet

The point is that I have a social conscience and you don’t Frank. No need to say any more really.

I thought we had established that if you thunk summatt, it doesnt make it right. Why do you think that the people who work for Carlisle are poor? Why do you have a social conscience because you pay nearly 400 quid and i dont? Wouldnt your 400 quid be better spent on children dying of malnutrition, thirst or disease?

Is it because they dont live in Carlisle? It must be, you accuse me of not having a social conscience because i dont buy a season ticket for Carlisle.

We are all mugs when it comes to football Frank,I would hate to think of the tens of thousands of pounds that I've put into Notts over.the years yet I still get pissed off when results don't go out way or cling to the hope that things have changed now that we won at home by a fluke own goal,just imagine if it was a music artist that we spent so much time and effort into following,you got interested in them back in the day because your mates liked them and you've bought every release since then,the last dozen or so have been really crap but you religiously buy them anyway,infact you are willing to pay in advance for the next twenty releases at least,you wouldn't do it,it doesn't make sense yet we do when you follow a football club,I wish that Notts was safely.in mid table not because there would be no fear of the drop but because I could then not give a**** about the last five games,honestly since its looked like we might get relegated I've actually started to watch Notts more,f@#k me I've even booked the last day of the season off so I can travel to Swindon to see the final day of perpetual misey for myself first hand,why is this Frank,why do we put ourselves through it eh.... Eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)