+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ah FFS

Some people have made a comparison to Conway and GMS when talking about McMullan, but the lad is not a winger, so expecting him to live up to that is wholly unfair. I actually cant think of a player from my time supporting United that i can compare him to.

What i can use as a comparison is Conway improved immensely in his time here, but GMS only came on to a game when it was contract time. With McMullan, he looks to be the type of player who needs someone to have confidence in him, and now he has his new contract and some coaching, he is a different player, even from the player we saw 3 months ago.

Having watched his goal again, i think he really used his head for once, initially to hide behind a defender, then to settle himself down and beat the keeper. If he can keep that up, i hope we will see a good premiership player.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Some people have made a comparison to Conway and GMS when talking about McMullan, but the lad is not a winger, so expecting him to live up to that is wholly unfair. I actually cant think of a player from my time supporting United that i can compare him to.

What i can use as a comparison is Conway improved immensely in his time here, but GMS only came on to a game when it was contract time. With McMullan, he looks to be the type of player who needs someone to have confidence in him, and now he has his new contract and some coaching, he is a different player, even from the player we saw 3 months ago.

Having watched his goal again, i think he really used his head for once, initially to hide behind a defender, then to settle himself down and beat the keeper. If he can keep that up, i hope we will see a good premiership player.
    'only came onto a game when it was contract time' hmm, bit harsh on GMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Why? His crossing was poor but he created chances, won free kicks, got players booked, ran at defenders, created fast counter attacks and scored......so other than the crossing he was good
    Agree, it was his running at their defence which changed the game. I think he's a decent player who can improve.

still pish

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    still pish
    I was with you that he was in the pish bracket too but since he's went more central he's been very good. Still canny cross the ba worth a fk though.

Promoted to mediocre at the least.

still pish
    So, you would prefer he never got a new contract then? Or just stubbornness on your part?

still pish

I have altered my opinion recently, if he can maintain his form or improve it then he is an asset, and something different, is his crossing etc is still pish but like his direct running and beating men for fun, he causes panic and draws attention creating space

Keep it up Paul

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    So, you would prefer he never got a new contract then? Or just stubbornness on your part?
    yeah i would prefer he didnt get a new contract

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I have altered my opinion recently, if he can maintain his form or improve it then he is an asset, and something different, is his crossing etc is still pish but like his direct running and beating men for fun, he causes panic and draws attention creating space

Keep it up Paul
    apart from his goal and decent performance last night thats 3 good games this season. Zero end product.

Yea but on recent form he offers something and causes problems, I agree about no end product, can be infuriating, but when he is central and running with it he is dangerous as fk and opponents hate it, and their fans are all impressed, have seen fans of other clubs like hibs, hearts and the like in recent weeks say mcmullan looks our best player, obviously they don't see all the games but still

He has something in his locker that's different and on current form don't mind him in the side, if we were to get promoted his game time would probably decrease but it's a squad game and he is still young enough to get wiser maybe improve the crossing etc a bit

Obviously this is based on him keeping up that level

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)