+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cycling..not for Tricky

Cycling..not for Tricky

Unless you live in a cave or in Burnley or Barnsley or any other one of those strange places up Norf you will have heard of arguably the world's greatest annual sporting event….The Tour de France which takes place for 3 weeks in July.
    Although the sporting aspect,the spectacle, the scenery (particularly the mountain stages) is sublime, for purists like myself the real cycling will happen with 3 monumental one day races during the month of April.
    This Sunday is the Tour de Flandres, on the 14th is Paris/Roubaix and on the 28th Liege-Bastogne-Liege.
    These are races where there are no alliances with other teams;no calculations, no hiding in the peleton waiting for the mountains. Only the strongest and warriors win. So my internet friends if you have nothing to do on these coming Sunday afternoons and if of course the races are televised in the UK do yourselves all a favour a watch some real sport.

Cheers FL

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Unless you live in a cave or in Burnley or Barnsley or any other one of those strange places up Norf you will have heard of arguably the world's greatest annual sporting event….The Tour de France which takes place for 3 weeks in July.
    Although the sporting aspect,the spectacle, the scenery (particularly the mountain stages) is sublime, for purists like myself the real cycling will happen with 3 monumental one day races during the month of April.
    This Sunday is the Tour de Flandres, on the 14th is Paris/Roubaix and on the 28th Liege-Bastogne-Liege.
    These are races where there are no alliances with other teams;no calculations, no hiding in the peleton waiting for the mountains. Only the strongest and warriors win. So my internet friends if you have nothing to do on these coming Sunday afternoons and if of course the races are televised in the UK do yourselves all a favour a watch some real sport.

Cheers FL
    Cheers Frenchie I will let Tricky know,

Tricky needs to see a "Trick Cyclist" ..

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post

Cheers FL
    Frenchie I've been a keen cyclist since I was 12. Unfortunately due to my job working all over the country I lost my best /prime years on the bike. I am Barnsley born and bred and Yorkshire has a good cycling pedigree. 👍
    I love the grand tours (cant watch them live)
    But love the spring classics. Sagan doesn't seem to be at his his best. Do you think he may be saving peaking for stages In the grand tours or is he on the demise?

Is this the bike race where they all crash unto each other ?

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    Frenchie I've been a keen cyclist since I was 12. Unfortunately due to my job working all over the country I lost my best /prime years on the bike. I am Barnsley born and bred and Yorkshire has a good cycling pedigree. ��
    I love the grand tours (cant watch them live)
    But love the spring classics. Sagan doesn't seem to be at his his best. Do you think he may be saving peaking for stages In the grand tours or is he on the demise?
    Hello Donny...nice to converse with a connoisseur (at last!) Yes the Grand Tours are special with now the Giro d'Italia becoming almost the equal of the TDF.
    I don't think Sagan has the temperament of saving himself for a later date and he is just going through a period when things don't work out but I am sure he will be in the mix on Sunday with the best of them. It's a shame that he can't climb the high mountains in the Tours as for me he his the best rider on the planet over the last 4 or so years. On Sunday I see the winner out of Sagan,Van Avermaet,Gilbert and ….Alaphilippe who is on fire at the moment. For Paris/Roubaix,I will take the same first 3 names and add Ian Stannard who has a real chance on the cobbles...unless Sky favour Kwiatkowsky. Anyway we shall see,but whatever happens it will a great 3 days of cycling
    Cheers

Hi Frenchie, me and the Missus always watch the TDF,loved it when they started in Yorkshire, but I will look out for those races you mentioned. By the way SKY have given their team over to Britain's richest man.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Hi Frenchie, me and the Missus always watch the TDF,loved it when they started in Yorkshire, but I will look out for those races you mentioned. By the way SKY have given their team over to Britain's richest man.
    Hes got interests in the fracking companies I believe. Which could cause trouble for the tour of Yorkshire and the works later on in the year due to protests of the anti fracking and green peace lot which will be a shame for the riders and spectators who just want. To whatch a race.

Worlds ot works

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    Hes got interests in the fracking companies I believe. Which could cause trouble for the tour of Yorkshire and the works later on in the year due to protests of the anti fracking and green peace lot which will be a shame for the riders and spectators who just want. To whatch a race.

Worlds ot works
    I was very surprised about the new sponsor Eneos. I visited Eneos' PVC factory in Italy about 15 years ago. They supply roughly 75% of PVC to bank and SIM card producers in the world. They are not exactly a household name and have no need to promote their business. It will be "funny" to say the least if the Tour of Yorkshire is disrupted because of a team sponsor