+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Are The Sh@test Band You Have Ever Seen Live

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Cast were the highlight of that day for me. Bit harsh to say Oasis were ****e but they had certainly peaked by then. WTSMG seemed to capture the zeitgeist 95/96 but is pretty unlistenable now as was everything since. DM still good played loud, wish I’d seen them live earlier. Wifie saw them in a club in Leeds when it was two men and a dog, but for some reason still has to ask regularly which brother is which.

Ceelo Green at the Academy is the only really dreadful gig that springs to mind, but I should probably have anticipated that when my daughter persuaded me to go. Ditto son, with Skrillex.

Supports can be hit and miss, my heart always sinks when it’s a solo bird with an acoustic guitar.
    Cast where always good back then. I seen them at Titp/Strathclyde Park that year aswell. Loch Lomond was too many folk and too many minkers and the sound was crap. And i wasnt a fan of the new lp they where playing. Have hated dont look back in anger since then. Folk throwing bottles and pints of piss about en masse. My pal got his heid split open. Seen Bomber Brown and Mccoist that day aswell. Gave them pelters.
    Solo girl with acoustic fills me with dread also.

Lost Prophets @ The Music Hall - Front man was out of it, no interaction with crowd, just a sh1t show all round and let’s face it they were pretty sh1t anyway. About 6 months later he was arrested for child *** abuse.

Kassidy @ The Tunnels - My mate got tickets after hearing a song. Turned out they were more like a boy band than anything else, dance moves and everything I later found out that one of them went out with Lana Del Rey for a bit, so fair play there.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Generally noisy cnuts whose lack of talent is attempted to be neutralised by over-reliance on volume.

So.. Motorhead, supported by Saxon on the Bomber tour at the Capitol in late 1979.

AC/DC on the Who gig undercard at Wembley on 18 August 1979.

Cartoon bands both, proving my previously-held theory. Image over substance. Pah.

And Jonesy, support to the Groundhogs at the Music Hall in November 1973. Holy fuuck.
    Dissing the 'heid? There have been meet-ups in the Pittodrie Bar arranged on here for less.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Cartoon bands both, proving my previously-held theory. Image over substance. Pah.
    I think cartoon bands to describe Motherhead and AC/DC is very apt. I've never understood their popularity especially with regards AC/DC... but then I've rarely understood bands that become popular. For example, The Beatles were pish and their music has been wrung out relentlessly for the last 50 years.

With that in mind, I did briefly like Oasis and even attended Irvine Beach in 1995 where they played with Cast supporting. However, I think that I stopped listening after watching them live and have absolutely no recollection of them on stage. Their music was symptomatic of the Lads Mags culture of the 1990s and just as durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Lost Prophets @ The Music Hall - Front man was out of it, no interaction with crowd, just a sh1t show all round and let’s face it they were pretty sh1t anyway. About 6 months later he was arrested for child *** abuse.

Not just child abuse it was f@cking horrific what that c@nt was up to. I hope hes malkied in jail. Im sure he was severely scalded with boiling water. Not enough though

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    The Beatles were pish and their music has been wrung out relentlessly for the last 50 years.
    You’re lucky to have seen them live to allow you to make your judgement though. On the roof at Apple in 1969? Candlestick Park 66?

Bogbrush, was it you who was into the Wooden Shjips?

I’ve seen Ian Brown play both belting gigs and awful gigs!

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Bogbrush, was it you who was into the Wooden Shjips?
    Correct, first seen the live at ATP New York in 2010, the following evening in Brooklyn and seen them a few times in between since my last time in Manchester last year.

Top quality and far better than Ripley's other band, Moon Duo

Why do you ask Dod?

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    I’ve seen Ian Brown play both belting gigs and awful gigs!
    This could also be applied to the late Mark E.Smith and The Fall. The lowest point for me being the gig in 2000 at Glo303, The aforementioned Smith drank himself into a stupor at various establishments in the town before heading down late to Belmont Street the worse for wear. He took to the stage but soon had vomited through his fingers and retired early.

He was a hit or a miss but usually got better as the gig went on. However, I only saw The Fall for the first time in 1997 therefore didn't have the pleasure of seeing the 1980s line-up(s) when their music was better and before the grog really took hold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast