+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Are The Sh@test Band You Have Ever Seen Live

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    You’re lucky to have seen them live to allow you to make your judgement though. On the roof at Apple in 1969? Candlestick Park 66?
    The Beach Ballroom 1963...I didn't of course because I wasn't on this earth before they split in 1970. However, even if they had made a comeback and played the Malt Mill I wouldn't have bothered my arse to attend.

I did use to work with a machinist that played for the support band when The Beatles played The Beach Ballroom. I think his name was Tony...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Correct, first seen the live at ATP New York in 2010, the following evening in Brooklyn and seen them a few times in between since my last time in Manchester last year.

Top quality and far better than Ripley's other band, Moon Duo

Why do you ask Dod?
    The Shjips are a cool band.

As a Shjips fan I would've thought you at least appreciated the more psychedelic side of the Beatles, Tomorrow Never Knows for example, no?

I seen The Human League a few years ago at The Irish Village in Dubai. It was round about the time “Peter Pawlett Baby” was in vogue. They were absolutely dreadful. Definitely the worst I have ever seen live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ve seen some amount of sh1te over the years. Stand outs would be

Marion
    Molly Half Head
    The 3rd time I saw the Bluetones. They weren’t up to much the first two times but I’d had enough halfway through the 3rd
    Interesting.I've seen Mark Morriss (the main man in the Bluetones) three times in the last two years doing solo acoustic concerts in small venues and each time he has been excellent.

Probably worst was the Waterboys after the had a bit of a split up round about 1988. Seen them before and after and they were very good, but they were awful in that 88 concert. I think it was at the Music Hall.

Admiral Fallow at the barras. Bored out my tits. Didn't really appreciate Arab Strap back about 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    The Shjips are a cool band.

As a Shjips fan I would've thought you at least appreciated the more psychedelic side of the Beatles, Tomorrow Never Knows for example, no?
    I was being slightly harsh on The Beatles as a band. It's Paul McCartney that grates me really.

I'm not hugely familiar with their albums, but I do like Dear Prudence, Back in the USSR (especially given that it was deep into the Cold War and as a response to The Beach Boys glorification of California Girls) and Revolution.

I hadn't heard of Tomorrow Never Knows but it sounded alright when I listened to it.

I suppose it's the continuing reverence to them that irritates me rather than the music (although their four lads in suits early period was annoyingly chirpy)

By the way, Mote of Dust playing The Tunnels on Thursday for anybody interested, it includes one of the members of Aerogramme

I was being slightly harsh on The Beatles as a band. It's Paul McCartney that grates me really.

I'm not hugely familiar with their albums, but I do like Dear Prudence, Back in the USSR (especially given that it was deep into the Cold War and as a response to The Beach Boys glorification of California Girls) and Revolution.

I hadn't heard of Tomorrow Never Knows but it sounded alright when I listened to it.

I suppose it's the continuing reverence to them that irritates me rather than the music (although their four lads in suits early period was annoyingly chirpy)

By the way, Mote of Dust playing The Tunnels on Thursday for anybody interested, it includes one of the members of Aerogramme
    Im no fan of the black & white years either, although its good for playing to small children (my own, not other folks' in a Glitter way)
    Revolver and White Album are magic and well worth checking out.

Aerogramme was the boy out of Chvrches was it?

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post

Aerogramme was the boy out of Chvrches was it?
    Correct, although it's the other boy from Areogramme that's involved with A Mote of Dust

Correct, although it's the other boy from Areogramme that's involved with A Mote of Dust
    Chvrches sponsor Whitburn Juniors away top

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123