+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Are The Sh@test Band You Have Ever Seen Live

Who Are The Sh@test Band You Have Ever Seen Live

Workmate has his tunes blaring and a band came on and reminded me of a night where I saw this band supporting Muse at Old Trafford Cricket Ground (Muse are my exes favourite, didn't go off my own back). So awful its beyond words

Anyway the sh@test band I have seen and I imagine I will ever see...…………………………………………………

The Editors

Gadz min

I’ve seen some amount of sh1te over the years. Stand outs would be

Marion
    Molly Half Head
    The 3rd time I saw the Bluetones. They weren’t up to much the first two times but I’d had enough halfway through the 3rd

Off the top of my head, Royal Trux at the Transformer Festival at the Victorian Warehouses in Manchester arrived with a big reputation from yesteryear but were hopeless junked up direness

Future of the Left at the O2 Kentish Town at the Club. The Mammoth. All dayer were irritatingly dull.

The Black Angels at Classic Grand in Weegvile although that might have, in part, been due to the awfulness of the venue. It was just a night clubby bar thing.

If you go and see a lot of bands then you see a lot of s'hite.
    But then of course, you also see loads of (what will become) top bands early on in their career when they're not just dots on a distant stage.

Ive got a really low tolerance threshhold for sh:te music in general so if im watching someone live and its painful i tend to gtf out of there sharpish.
    Tricky at titp in a tent around 1997/98 was hilariously bad. He didnt play anything off Maxinquaye, instead playing new thash metal type nonsense, shouting and screaming into his mic, but it was so loud and distorted the mics and amps kept popping and blowing. I think he was going thru some personal issues at the time cos i mind thinking this guys a fkn loony.
    Special mention also to local act The Tijauna Sun who had a support slot with The Happy Monday or maybe Black Grape at the beach ballroom a couple years ago and after the first song i had to stand outside until theyd finished they where so bad. Wouldnt normally slag off local bands but fk me they where abysmal. Nae offence fellas if yir reading this. Rock on dudes🤘

Oasis 96 Loch Lomond. Sh:te. Too many folk and 2nd album new out at the time was pretty sh:t aswell. Bootleg Beatles best thing about that day.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Oasis 96 Loch Lomond. Sh:te. Too many folk and 2nd album new out at the time was pretty sh:t aswell. Bootleg Beatles best thing about that day.
    I didn’t go that day, on account of a bad dose of indie kid snobbery. Already seen them twice by then & had to ditch them because of their popularity. Balloch & the Vale were absolutely wild that night. More so than normal

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Cast were the highlight of that day for me. Bit harsh to say Oasis were ****e but they had certainly peaked by then. WTSMG seemed to capture the zeitgeist 95/96 but is pretty unlistenable now as was everything since. DM still good played loud, wish I’d seen them live earlier. Wifie saw them in a club in Leeds when it was two men and a dog, but for some reason still has to ask regularly which brother is which.

Ceelo Green at the Academy is the only really dreadful gig that springs to mind, but I should probably have anticipated that when my daughter persuaded me to go. Ditto son, with Skrillex.

Supports can be hit and miss, my heart always sinks when it’s a solo bird with an acoustic guitar.
    Last edited by krakowdon; 06-04-2019 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Just to add: **** the huns

Generally noisy cnuts whose lack of talent is attempted to be neutralised by over-reliance on volume.

So.. Motorhead, supported by Saxon on the Bomber tour at the Capitol in late 1979.

AC/DC on the Who gig undercard at Wembley on 18 August 1979.

Cartoon bands both, proving my previously-held theory. Image over substance. Pah.

And Jonesy, support to the Groundhogs at the Music Hall in November 1973. Holy fuuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Generally noisy cnuts whose lack of talent is attempted to be neutralised by over-reliance on volume.

So.. Motorhead, supported by Saxon on the Bomber tour at the Capitol in late 1979.

AC/DC on the Who gig undercard at Wembley on 18 August 1979.

Cartoon bands both, proving my previously-held theory. Image over substance. Pah.

And Jonesy, support to the Groundhogs at the Music Hall in November 1973. Holy fuuck.
    The Undercovers in The Snuggery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast