+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trialist

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    So many great managers on here it's scary, think you're all on the wrong job.

No opinion yourself then?

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Miles away from the first team!!

Sounds just like what we need.
    Thanks for the article Paul.

In Warne I trust. If he says he's miles away from the first team and he's a player they can possibly develop then that's good enough for me.

Good Luck to the lad in gaining employment whichever club he ends up at.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 06-04-2019 at 10:21 AM.

The last time he signed a young, fast, tricky winger who was one for the future after he trained with us a few times was Alex Bray.

He did a similar thing with Onariase (Yes I know he's not a winger)

You can't blame him for being wary. People on here criticise Warne for not learning from his mistakes, but then they have a go a him for not throwing a contract at a young lad nobody has ever heard of after a couple of reserve games.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    The last time he signed a young, fast, tricky winger who was one for the future after he trained with us a few times was Alex Bray.

He did a similar thing with Onariase (Yes I know he's not a winger)

You can't blame him for being wary. People on here criticise Warne for not learning from his mistakes, but then they have a go a him for not throwing a contract at a young lad nobody has ever heard of after a couple of reserve games.
    Yes that's very true, but after the failure to sign anybody in the last window a lot of people on here were saying that investing in young and eager players was a better option.

People acting up like we've just let the next Ronaldo go! If he was that good he wouldn't be looking for a contract in the backwaters of South Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    People acting up like we've just let the next Ronaldo go! If he was that good he wouldn't be looking for a contract in the backwaters of South Yorkshire.
    Yep, like Jamie Vardy

Yes I know what you mean though, but Warne seemed to like him. Seems our club is a bit risk averse, which may be no bad thing.

I think some need to stop reading on here, they seem to think we can’t have opinions or have a laugh.

Why Towner posts on here is beyond me

Cheers, it's because of all the reasonable, rational, positive people !

Bray was a young speedy winger and one for the future. I can see the reason for the reluctance to spend the budget but you have to speculate occasionally and losing out on Jamie Vardy is the prime example of what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yep, like Jamie Vardy

Yes I know what you mean though, but Warne seemed to like him. Seems our club is a bit risk averse, which may be no bad thing.
    Fair point about Vardy, and yes it would seem typical of RUFC to let the next Ronaldo slip through our proverbial fingers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast