+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coonty

Thought a draw was about right.

Same old story of trying to defend way too deep at the end when wasn’t needed.

Bringing on gomis was an error.

They were there for the taking.

Rossco so brutal that I can’t actually see them winning many more games this season. Probably too late for us now though.

Play offs await - let’s hope the season ends by putting down the Fun!

Neilson definitely takes some blame tonight.

Concentrate, keep the ball and be professional.

Don’t bring on players who are out of position, past it and with no height!!

FFS. On the basis of tonight rossco a poor side but it’s united’s own fault if we don’t go up from this very average league

Think Robbie takes all the blame....had a game plan which was working. Players did everything asked of them. Ross Co nowhere to be seen then hey ho let’s change it for 20 mins to make life difficult for ourselves.

Amateur tactics!

Don't agree with you about the McMullan sub as he was totall knackered. Thought the Gomis sub was wrong as Pawlett was still an outlet given McMullan was off. We were lucky just before the goal when the keeper caused absolute panic and the winger shanked his shot wide. Should have been a warning but not heeded.
    Last two games we have played well a lot of chances created and in my opinion Neilson had a good game plan. Don't think it's over yet but we also need to be looking over our shoulder at the two teams behind. They are not out of finishing second.

County need 7 pts from their five games as it stands to secure the title, that's if we win our last 4 games!

So unless they lose on Tues night vs Dunfermline followed by a win for us on Fri which could add doubts again, only if those two things happen will I consider it anything but over now

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    With over 20 minutes to go Robbie chose to take off a striker and replace him with fivie whose hardly played recently but more importantly let RC know that we were just going to defend what we had, low and behold they went gung ho and we got what we deserved for being totally negative in thinking we can withstand the onslaught. Totally pissed off with Robbie on this occasion.
    100% agree. Completely negative tactics, utterly bizarre after we had been relatively positive for the whole game. I really question RN's decision making.

Why did we have such a weak bench? Where was Bouhenna, Stanton and Booth? Would rather any 2 of them came on rather than Fyvie and Gomis!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Why did we have such a weak bench? Where was Bouhenna, Stanton and Booth? Would rather any 2 of them came on rather than Fyvie and Gomis!
    Ye I agree. I actually wouldn't play Fyvie again this season then hope he can have an injury free preseason and see if he can get his sharpness back. I fear he is finished though and Gomis is also sadly finished. Thanks for the memories though Jimmy.

Have to agree with comments above about negative substitutions. Robbie is not immune from criticism in some of our performances this season with some of the decisions he's made. All part of the learning process I guess but it means our chances of going up this year are non existent.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)