+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vale vs Crewe

Vale vs Crewe

Well that was s*** against a very poor Vale side and an equally poor Cheltenham team last week. The club is 4 players short of a decent squad and 1 manager short who just proved today he has 1 plan and one plan only truly woeful from start to finish with the current squad and manager another season of absolute s*** to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Well that was s*** against a very poor Vale side and an equally poor Cheltenham team last week. The club is 4 players short of a decent squad and 1 manager short who just proved today he has 1 plan and one plan only truly woeful from start to finish with the current squad and manager another season of absolute s*** to follow.
    I think thats a bit harsh,we aren't that bad we have recently picked up and we are currently sitting 4th in the form league,so don't beat yourself up.

Although I agree with you Re.Artell .....What an odious individual he is,if he spent more time watching the game instead of moaning at the 4th official he might get over to his side to stop whacking it.

Yes,poor today. 50/50 balls were won by Vale pretty much throughout the game and we couldn’t get hold of it enough in the middle. So strange when you compare to the Mansfield game where I thought we were brilliant. Not many good performances today with perhaps just Perry doing ok. Though Taylor-Sinclair was an absolute liability at the back and they looked to attack down our left as much as they could. They were poor, we were poorer.

Little prospect of Artell being shown the door, though I would certainly like to see it happen. I appreciate that the squad is short of the quality required to make us challengers for the playoffs, and the situation regarding the majority shareholder is not helping raise cash for squad strengthening. That said, we may lose Ng and possibly Ray and Jones at the end of the season and that will reduce the quality of the squad considerably. They will doubtless be replaced by players of lesser quality.

The loss of Jones wouldn't be as big a loss as it would have been in previous seasons. He has been relatively disappointing this season. We have at least 2 players who should be regulars next season. I'm also hoping that Green gets an extension.
    Full-backs are a different matter. Hopefully Harry will still be here next season but Perry won't be. Hopefully we won't be keeping Taylor-Sinclair. Granted, he took his goal against Cheltenham very well but otherwise he seems be lumberingly slow.

With the uncertainty over the ownership of the club money for new players is going to be very tight . The sale of players is the only way that new players can be bought. I agree that NG, Ray and Jones will all be sold ( NG to be the one who will raise the most cash ) Other fringe players will go as well. This is were the problems starts as I feel DA does not have the skill to replace these players as his recent recruitment of players has not been good. He will have to rely on players from the academy to keep costs down and fingers crossed he makes a good purchase or two. the days that Crewe could attract good/ promising players appears to have gone. I predict an average season next season. Would a change of manager alter this , well that's the big question for the board to answer.

Money might be tighter than you think! Have been told that our owner wants money out of the football club and has plans for the car park.

Quote Originally Posted by As it is View Post
    Money might be tighter than you think! Have been told that our owner wants money out of the football club and has plans for the car park.
    Hopefully the previous legal action will have frightened him off more "loans" out of the club. When HS2 start chucking around compulsory purchase orders i'm sure he'll become less frightened though.