+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Burger van

There’s many reasons why town centre is empty (parking costs) (rent fees) all sorts. Yet park gate does well just outside of town. It’s pointless to compete with Parkgate the only thing you can do is open something that’s not anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Every lock has a key.

The lock for the site is the eyesore called Guest & Chrimes

Find the key for that and maybe something could be done.
    Ah but some locks have combinations. The one for Guest and Chrimes was forgotten years ago and will probably never be found again 😉.

Think the catering contract precludes anyone else from selling food and drink on the site so jumping in on a cash up front long term deal the club find themselves well and truly burgered !

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Think the catering contract precludes anyone else from selling food and drink on the site so jumping in on a cash up front long term deal the club find themselves well and truly burgered !
    That’s how I understood it, but the existing contract must be near to renewal.

Silly I think this post is silly. Popeyes does a great job at very cheap prices. Service is fast and always with a smile. A great service to the fans. Better than the club provides

Yes Pete I was troubled by this I mean we’ve just had probably our most important win of the season but I just couldn’t help worrying about the burger van too.

Popeyes do burgers, sausages, roast pork, bacon, chips.

Club does pies, sausage rolls, hot dogs.

Not the same food (although there is a shared sausage connection).

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Silly I think this post is silly. Popeyes does a great job at very cheap prices. Service is fast and always with a smile. A great service to the fans. Better than the club provides
    I have to agree with this. Service if very friendly and fast.
    They used to be down at Tiffanies / Liquid roundabout when the NYS opened and they've migrated to a better pitch nearer the ground.
    As people have said already RUFCs caterers don't sell the food they sell so what's the problem. Good luck to them

I agree with Silly, it’s disgusting that the burger van doesn’t give all the profits to the club

Not sure why we bothered with all the effort of beating a team for the first time in 63 years to give ourselves a chance of staying up if a burger van is going to financially cripple us.

This sort of mentality is why Sheffield clubs call us Tinpot.

There’s a Nando’s next to the Bolton ground. Maybe that’s why they can’t pay their players.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast