+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurs to offload Players

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    As you know I'm not one for staying in the PL with just any old performance, and as you have stated in a previous post the dire stuff really put you off, again I understand Clubs/Teams having odd games where they play poorly, but Burnley have too many for my and obviously your liking
    You're right Alto, I don't want to watch us in the PL, we have to get the points any way we can, and most of Dyche's ways aren't pretty. But, over a season, they are effective enough to keep us in this league, so although I'm not inclined to watch BFC any more, I remain convinced that the day Dyche departs is the day we start heading down the leagues at a rate of knots.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    We need to offload Hart, Ward, Brady, Hendrick, D4, Lennon, Wells, Walters, Crouch and maybe Lowton.
    Yes. And that will surely make certain we get in one additional player for them all--or not as the case may be.

Mind you. Think of the bonuses that our remaining 5 players will be on to stay in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You're right Alto, I don't want to watch us in the PL, we have to get the points any way we can, and most of Dyche's ways aren't pretty. But, over a season, they are effective enough to keep us in this league, so although I'm not inclined to watch BFC any more, I remain convinced that the day Dyche departs is the day we start heading down the leagues at a rate of knots.
    Unless Sinkov,..Garlic Makes Way ,/ Or Hay ..The Only Way is From Outside, inmo Sinkov ,.Because if we stick again , That will be it!!!
    He got lucky/VERY lucky,inmo this season, with the young lad Dwight McNeil .....But for him. I Think we would have been Relegated by Christmas...

Would we ever get to Know of a takeover,Whether planed or in principle With Garlic in charge???...

I Very much Doubt it..

I can't believe the negativity on this board. Like a load of moaning, bitching char ladies.

What our club is achieving in being able to even compete in this league is astounding. I wonder where we would be if you lot had been in charge this last ten years?

Of course we don't play Barcelonaesque footy - can you not understand why? No massive gates, no Saudi sugar daddy, smallest town to ever been represented in the Prem so no lucrative world wide sponsorship deals or mass merchandise sales.

Sometimes it sounds like some of you would be pleased if we were relegated. If you supported Blackburn, Preston, Bolton, Blackpool, Leeds or ANY other local team then I shudder to think what you would be saying now.

Since Boxing Day we have picked up 24 points from 14 games (but for bad reffing it could have been 32) and we would be fifth if the season had started after Boxing Day.

Please lighten up and show a little bit of support for your club.
    Last edited by 1959_60; 09-04-2019 at 07:07 PM.

"I wonder where we would be if you lot had been in charge this last ten years?"

That would depend 59 mon ami, on whether us lot had appointed Sean Dyche to the job. If we had, and why would we not have done, then we would have been exactly where we are now, because we are where we are now because of Dyche, not the Board or Garlick.

And don't forget 59, it was us moaning fans that got rid of the woeful Brian Laws, not the Board or Garlick. They were happy to sit on their hands, while the pre-season promotion favourites spluttered along in mid-table, us moaning fans sorted that little problem out for them, and before too long we were back in the PL.

Wow, well done Sinkov!

I didn't realise that it was you lot that have given us our most successful period for nigh on 50 years.

There was silly me thinking that we have been brilliantly led over the last decade against all the odds.

I now realise that if you lot had been in charge we would probably be European champions and playing a very expansive and attractive brand of footy to boot.

I'll have a word with Mr Garlick and insist that a stand is named after you lot (The Old Grumps) and that there is a statue erected.

Stan Ternent was right about you lot. Give you a fiver and you ask "why wasn't it a tenner?"

Well said 59/60.Perhaps we could seat them all together in the Victor Meldrew stand with a Victor Meldrew bar which does happy hour 3.00-4.00 on match days.

"I didn't realise that it was you lot that have given us our most successful period for nigh on 50 years."

Evan at your age 59 I believe there are evening classes available to improve your knowledge of the English Language. I suggest you consider enrolling, as you seem to have some difficulty with what I would have thought was a fairly simple to understand sentence.

"we are where we are now because of Dyche, not the Board or Garlick."

Of course the night school suggestion is tongue in cheek, you're just up to your favourite lefty trick of spreading FAKE NEWS about anything you don't agree with ……...….aren't you.

I have just returned from a hard days door knocking in Caton Sinkov, so I am almost argued out. I spent at least an hour chatting with a extreme Brexit type which was stimulating. We left on very good terms even though neither of us changed our positions.

Back to the point, I will argue that, for the last ten years (and before that), our board has done us proud. Well, except for the Brian Laws debacle, and even then the shortlist was very poor. It looked at one stage that Peter Reid was favorite so it COULD have been worse.

Owen Coyle was perfect for us at the time - and regenerated the players, the club and the whole town. I don't think he was on anyones radar before he got the job.

Eddie Howe could easily have worked out. His time with us was beset with personal problems and he never looked comfortable in the job but he made some very key signings which benefited us later on.

Sean Dyche was a master stroke. Again, hardly anyone had heard of him so the board needs a huge amount of credit for getting him in. He was, and remains, a perfect fit for our club.

We have evolved steadily but surely over the past few years. We have not gone for broke but have improved the club immeasurably.

Buying back the ground, Barnfield, youth set up, the actual team...all big pluses for the board. And all done while remaining in a very healthy financial position.

We could easily have gone for broke in a desperate attempt to stay in the Prem but, as we know all too well, spending £££ on the team can end very badly. Add Fulham to that list of clubs.

I noticed that (coincidentally?) Garlick has been a victim of you lot since he came out in favour of a Peoples Vote. I really can't see any credible evidence that warrants such criticism on the way he runs our club.

But...if you really want him out, then who do you suggest takes over? In my opinion the new owners credentials must include being stinking rich, not in it to make a fast buck, and being a Burnley fan. Come on then, who is this person?

If you look at the table in the link then you can see clearly what a disadvantage our club is at compared with every other Prem club.

In my opinion it is nothing short of miraculous what our board continues to achieve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs
    Last edited by 1959_60; 10-04-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Nice to read some common sense posted 1959_60 and difficult to disagree with your veiws.

The Football on offer is'nt fantastic to watch but I believe Sean Dyche understands the reality of managing BurnleyFC , we are not going to be in a position to outplay the City's , Chelsea's , Liverpool's and Arsenal's of this league , I would love to have more creativity in midfield and pace in the final third , and although frustrating we lack these type players , I can appreciate the difficulty of getting these players in at the right price , wage and desire of the player to play for us , we can't just pay what a club asks or we will seen as an easy touch and forever paying over the odds.
    Sean has set out to build a squad with a hard working ethic , a team spirit that gives its all and as disapointing in terms of quality that that is , I can respect and will support its honesty .
    Running a Football club will cost a lot more than many will realise , I believe BFC has a Full-time staff of around 200 and well over that number in part-time staff , a club like ours has to be financially managed with your head and not your heart and despite protestations from many on social media , the Chairman and the board are all Clarets fans and they will run the club to a long term strategy and i'm sure they would love to throw fortunes at signing players like us all but they have a responsibilty to not repent in haste.

I prefer to focus on the positive's , we are in with a good chance of playing our third successive season as a premier league club and our 4th in 5 seasons.
    We have had favourable results in that time v all the current Top 6 teams apart from Arsenal who appear to be our bogey team , beaten Blackburn home and away and played in Europe , its not long ago that all these things were just a pipedream.
    Who knows what the future brings us but I for one would be happy to suffer more of the same . UTC

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)