+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Spurs to offload Players

By gum Attilla, good to hear from you again!

Take them off people

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post
    Nice to read some common sense posted 1959_60 and difficult to disagree with your veiws.

The Football on offer is'nt fantastic to watch but I believe Sean Dyche understands the reality of managing BurnleyFC , we are not going to be in a position to outplay the City's , Chelsea's , Liverpool's and Arsenal's of this league , I would love to have more creativity in midfield and pace in the final third , and although frustrating we lack these type players , I can appreciate the difficulty of getting these players in at the right price , wage and desire of the player to play for us , we can't just pay what a club asks or we will seen as an easy touch and forever paying over the odds.
    Sean has set out to build a squad with a hard working ethic , a team spirit that gives its all and as disapointing in terms of quality that that is , I can respect and will support its honesty .
    Running a Football club will cost a lot more than many will realise , I believe BFC has a Full-time staff of around 200 and well over that number in part-time staff , a club like ours has to be financially managed with your head and not your heart and despite protestations from many on social media , the Chairman and the board are all Clarets fans and they will run the club to a long term strategy and i'm sure they would love to throw fortunes at signing players like us all but they have a responsibilty to not repent in haste.

I prefer to focus on the positive's , we are in with a good chance of playing our third successive season as a premier league club and our 4th in 5 seasons.
    We have had favourable results in that time v all the current Top 6 teams apart from Arsenal who appear to be our bogey team , beaten Blackburn home and away and played in Europe , its not long ago that all these things were just a pipedream.
    Who knows what the future brings us but I for one would be happy to suffer more of the same . UTC
    Attilla ---just a minor point ---won't it be a fourth successive season which would make it 5 out of 6?
    You have to remember though that we don't deserve to be in the PL because we won't spend silly amounts of money.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I have just returned from a hard days door knocking in Caton Sinkov, so I am almost argued out. I spent at least an hour chatting with a extreme Brexit type which was stimulating. We left on very good terms even though neither of us changed our positions.

Back to the point, I will argue that, for the last ten years (and before that), our board has done us proud. Well, except for the Brian Laws debacle, and even then the shortlist was very poor. It looked at one stage that Peter Reid was favorite so it COULD have been worse.

Owen Coyle was perfect for us at the time - and regenerated the players, the club and the whole town. I don't think he was on anyones radar before he got the job.

Eddie Howe could easily have worked out. His time with us was beset with personal problems and he never looked comfortable in the job but he made some very key signings which benefited us later on.

Sean Dyche was a master stroke. Again, hardly anyone had heard of him so the board needs a huge amount of credit for getting him in. He was, and remains, a perfect fit for our club.

We have evolved steadily but surely over the past few years. We have not gone for broke but have improved the club immeasurably.

Buying back the ground, Barnfield, youth set up, the actual team...all big pluses for the board. And all done while remaining in a very healthy financial position.

We could easily have gone for broke in a desperate attempt to stay in the Prem but, as we know all too well, spending £££ on the team can end very badly. Add Fulham to that list of clubs.

I noticed that (coincidentally?) Garlick has been a victim of you lot since he came out in favour of a Peoples Vote. I really can't see any credible evidence that warrants such criticism on the way he runs our club.

But...if you really want him out, then who do you suggest takes over? In my opinion the new owners credentials must include being stinking rich, not in it to make a fast buck, and being a Burnley fan. Come on then, who is this person?

If you look at the table in the link then you can see clearly what a disadvantage our club is at compared with every other Prem club.

In my opinion it is nothing short of miraculous what our board continues to achieve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs
    The degree to which our board have done us proud is a valid subject for discussion 59, and we will naturally have our differing views on that, which is fair enough. That's not my point however, you seemed a bit upset that I had claimed our sucess was down to moaning fans and not the board, when I had done no such thing. I'm quite happy to argue/discuss any of my views on here, and I'm prepared to be proved wrong on occasions, but it is a tad frustrating being attacked for a viewpoint I don't hold, something I never said. I'm sure you can understand that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Attilla ---just a minor point ---won't it be a fourth successive season which would make it 5 out of 6?
    You have to remember though that we don't deserve to be in the PL because we won't spend silly amounts of money.
    I stand corrected Supersub6 , indeed 4 consecutive seasons in the Premierleague and 5 out of the last 6 , not bad for a poor squad , a rubbish manager and a useless Chairman

Very much tongue in cheek Sinkov!

One of the delights of being our age is the fact we can argue the toss with little fear of getting beaten up. To give the argument a bit of bite then it helps to embellish the facts a bit - something we are all good at.

So I must disappoint you if you were thinking that a statue was going to be erected in your honour or a stand at t'Turf was going to be renamed "The Sinkov Stand"

Trouble with this social media malarkey is that once you have written stuff it stays around forever and people can remind you of what you said a year ago, just after Burnley had lost 6-0, the dog had wolfed your tea and the wife insisted that you finally put those shelves up.
    So it's not the same as saying your piece over a pint in a pub to a few mates - even though it feels like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Attilla View Post
    I stand corrected Supersub6 , indeed 4 consecutive seasons in the Premierleague and 5 out of the last 6 , not bad for a poor squad , a rubbish manager and a useless Chairman
    Attilla, PLEASE don't temp fate - let's get a win on Saturday and not presume we are safe yet!

If Cardiff win they will be 5 points behind with a game in hand with fixtures against Fulham, Brighton and Palace to come.

If we lose on Saturday then those last four matches look frightening...

Attilla, PLEASE don't temp fate - let's get a win on Saturday and not presume we are safe yet!

If Cardiff win they will be 5 points behind with a game in hand with fixtures against Fulham, Brighton and Palace to come.

If we lose on Saturday then those last four matches look frightening...
    Indeed 1959_60 , nothing taken for granted as stated in my first post "we are in with a good chance of playing our third successive season as a premier league club"
    It will be a tough game as they need the win also and will be throwing everything at getting the 3 points but its in our hands , its going to be a cup final for both teams .UTC

Sorry Attilla, you are correct in what you say.

Let's hope we are all having a "virtual" party on Saturday night!

Very much tongue in cheek Sinkov!

One of the delights of being our age is the fact we can argue the toss with little fear of getting beaten up. To give the argument a bit of bite then it helps to embellish the facts a bit - something we are all good at.

So I must disappoint you if you were thinking that a statue was going to be erected in your honour or a stand at t'Turf was going to be renamed "The Sinkov Stand"

Trouble with this social media malarkey is that once you have written stuff it stays around forever and people can remind you of what you said a year ago, just after Burnley had lost 6-0, the dog had wolfed your tea and the wife insisted that you finally put those shelves up.
    So it's not the same as saying your piece over a pint in a pub to a few mates - even though it feels like that.
    I've no problem with stuff staying around for ever on social media 59, I'm prepared to defend anything I say on here anytime, and I do shoot my mouth off so I'm open to being shot down by others. But when I post so much that could be disputed and argued over, why make stuff up about what I've posted ?

It just chimes in with my experience arguing with other lefties like yourself, especially on politics. So often I find myself being accused of holding opinions I don't hold, or having said things I've never said. Is it the leftie obsession with FAKE NEWS, or do lefties really struggle with the English Language ? Or possibly both ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)