+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Marriott...what’s goin’ on?

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Make of it what you will! Something not right IMO.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...t-jack-2730321
    MoP I've read that but to be honest if it's personal problem ie an illness the FL is not going to be exposing it his he I'm as bemused as anyone about it but I don't buy this he's no good because he's only scored 7in 29 thing I think he's a very good player who has issues at the moment

Not in again. I really do think its illness.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Not in again. I really do think its illness.
    Then why not tell us? Chris Martin all over again.

FL said the Brentford omission was for tactical reasons. Last night's omission may well have been for the same tactical reasons............ whatever they might be.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Then why not tell us? Chris Martin all over again.
    Life long illness I suspect, maybe requiring further diagnosis, bit more sensitive than a temporary virus. My money is on Crones / Colitis. Hope I'm wrong. We'll have to wait & see!

[QUOTE=AdiSalisbury;39191976]Life long illness I suspect, maybe requiring further diagnosis, bit more sensitive than a temporary virus. My money is on Crones / Colitis. Hope I'm wrong. We'll have to wait & see![/QUOTE
    Adi hope you are not right I suspect and I don't know I think it's more an attitude and training problem I fully expect him in the team on Sat

If he has Crohn's or Colitis, I sympathise. I suffer and it's debilitating

It appears FL said post match that Marriott needs to show more in training. We were told that he got a virus and dropped 20 pounds inside a week. If that is true he would need 2 months, maybe more to get back to where he was, not 2 or 3 weeks that he has had.

We only "know" the things we are told. We will probably never know the truth behind the virus or whatever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    If he has Crohn's or Colitis, I sympathise. I suffer and it's debilitating
    Me too, the sudden weight loss and weakness is why I think so. But I'm wrong about most things, its probably just Lampard and his dodgy tactics!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It appears FL said post match that Marriott needs to show more in training. We were told that he got a virus and dropped 20 pounds inside a week. If that is true he would need 2 months, maybe more to get back to where he was, not 2 or 3 weeks that he has had.

We only "know" the things we are told. We will probably never know the truth behind the virus or whatever it was.
    MA if you cast your mind back to when we signed him .It took weeks to get him fit Frank kept saying it's because he's missed a lot of pre-season but he played five friendlies for Posh I really don't know what the problem is but not sure we did our homework on him before we signed him Funny how Mick McCarthy has him on loan at Ipswich sent him back because he was overweight and didn't train properly Marriott went back sorted himself out and became a very good player not sure if he's slipped into bad habits again or not

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)