+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack Marriott...what’s goin’ on?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Me too, the sudden weight loss and weakness is why I think so. But I'm wrong about most things, its probably just Lampard and his dodgy tactics!
    It's the chronic fatigue that's a major factor for anyone with IBD

We may be jumping the gun here. There would seem to be similarities between Marriott and Martin and Crohn’s or colitis is a possibility, especially given the links with anti inflammatory drugs which players can over use...eg Lewis Moody.
    On the other hand there was no secrecy about Martin’s illness which began when he was at Reading as I remember, so why offer excuses for Marriott?
    If illness was announced as the cause people would be much more sympathetic. The list of ‘excuses’ that have been given, especially ‘tactical decision’ seem just ridiculous. On his day he’s our best finisher by a mile so what can those ‘tactics’ possibly be?
    Genuinely feel for the player if it’s what Adi and OTR suggest but there’s no real evidence and from a supporters’ point of view there surely needs to be greater transparency about what is going on.

"tactical reasons" is bo**ocks

I mean its either Marriott or Nugent for crying out loud lol, I'm no fan of Marriott but surely he gets in ahead of no target Nugent?

I'd cry if we ended up with Waghorn, Nugent and Bennett as our striker options next season

If he's not 100% committed to the cause or any other player come to that get rid! It's a shame about Jack because I thought we had someone special, he looked a natural finisher.

Maybe he is just yet another arrogant tosspot, that defines the modern footballer of today.

All conjecture IMO. He might not be doing it in training because he's a lazy so and so. It might be because of the aftermath of the virus that he is currently incapable of producing what FL wants in training. He might have some permanent problem preventing him.

Who knows? We certainly don't so, IMHO, speaking of letting a player go based on a total lack of understanding of the cause is more than a tad premature at best.....

Hear hear. Speculating about a player based on no knowledge whatsoever is both pointless and potentially negative should the comments be brought to the players attention.

No doubt that something strange is in the background but the fact that nothing substantive is being said may be down to protecting the player.

Tbf...’speculating’ about players, managers and DCFC in general - often based on limited knowledge - is what forums such as this usually do. That’s why the question, ‘what’s goin’ on’, was asked.
    If we were told...’health reason’, ‘personal issues’, ‘ankle injury’...whatever, then the ‘speculating’ would largely stop but to be repeatedly fed the line...’tactical decision’ is, to quote DCFCA, just ‘bollux’ and only fuels such speculation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)