+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Marriott...what’s goin’ on?

Jack Marriott...what’s goin’ on?

September to Christmas looked like our best signing for years.
    Then he got ill, or so we’re told...a full on debilitating virus.
    Never really been back to his best and now he seems to have ‘disappeared’.
    So what’s happened...anyone itk?

Rumours saying he won't play for us again???

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    September to Christmas looked like our best signing for years.
    Then he got ill, or so we’re told...a full on debilitating virus.
    Never really been back to his best and now he seems to have ‘disappeared’.
    So what’s happened...anyone itk?
    RA. I've heared that many things it's hard to distinguish between fact and fiction I heard that we turned down an offer from Bournmouth in Jan for him because we couldn't get a replacement and he's not pleased about it Heared it's his diet and training FL not satisfied with his effort off the bench Probably all bolloxs,pretty sure it's not an injury or FL would have said Needs sorting pronto because I will be seriously worried if FL thinks Bennett is a striker

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Rumours saying he won't play for us again???
    Won’t play for us...or won’t be picked?
    Don’t get it...he’s on a three year contract isn’t he?

Looked great until that last minute miss against Southampton...hasn’t been the same, for whatever reason, since, but can’t see too much top flight interest now, mista...seven goals in 29 appearances isn’t that exciting.

Sure you’re right about it not being an injury...that would just have been announced. Why’s it always us?

Am I the only one who doesn't really rate him?

He's a decent cheap signing nothing more, someone who can chip in with some goals and that's all he offers imo

similar to Jordon Rhodes

He sounds a billy big bo**ocks to me, ideas above his station

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really rate him?

He's a decent cheap signing nothing more, someone who can chip in with some goals and that's all he offers imo

similar to Jordon Rhodes

He sounds a billy big bo**ocks to me, ideas above his station
    Not surprised you don't rate him You don't rate anybody the Owner the manager all the players Spending money Buying the ground Hope you rate yourself because I don't rate you

He's hardly climbed any trees since arriving, he's scored like 7 goals in 30 games?

He's decent nothing more, someone who can pop up with the odd goal ala Rhodes, and if his attitude is wrong then you get rid no matter how good they are, Ferguson was a master at it

He's looked weak since his illness, I suspect that's all it is. He may have an underlying illness like bowell disease and is struggling to put mass back on. I dont think there's anything untoward

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    He's hardly climbed any trees since arriving, he's scored like 7 goals in 30 games?

He's decent nothing more, someone who can pop up with the odd goal ala Rhodes, and if his attitude is wrong then you get rid no matter how good they are, Ferguson was a master at it
    But that’s why I’m asking...you’re right, 7 goals in about 30 games is ‘nothing special’ but he was flying around Christmas and frightening defences.
    There’s no suggestion that his ‘attitude is wrong’ or that he’s a ‘billy big bollox’...at least none that I’ve heard...so unless you know for sure it’s unfair to suggest that.
    I think we have a proper player in Marriott. He might well benefit from a big man to play off but it’s puzzling that he just seems to have fallen out of favour unless there actually is something more ‘sinister’. As I say...that’s the point of asking.

Make of it what you will! Something not right IMO.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...t-jack-2730321

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)