+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to go

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    He hasn't had a great season at all ....... only 16 goals and 9 assists from 40 appearances so far. I wonder what he might do if he had his heart in it, his head straight and was trying ......
    hahaha I cant tell if your being sarcastic Sven
    That's actually good stats all things considered. Its his first season and I have been a harsh ****er recently

Champs - I honestly believe it comes down to not drawing to many conclusions AT ALL!
    When a team is on a bad run, supporters try to look for simple causes and answers. It is NEVER simple!
    Now, some people are saying that if we had only played Reed in the middle and Rothwell up front before, the bad run would never have happened.
    Well, Reed WAS tried in the middle several times before, and he looked ineffective. Rothwell had previously looked good on the ball, but with little end-product. I think we all agree that the pairing of Smallwood and Evans was still happening too often, despite the fact it was no longer working, but those two players are now also being individually singled out as hopeless. In fact, Evans was probably our best player in January, and Smallwood looked quite good when paired with Travis.
    There's a song I like about not trying too hard to work out all the big puzzles of life, death, the universe and everything. It's called "Let The Mystery Be".
    I sometimes think that is equally applicable to football!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    hahaha I cant tell if your being sarcastic Sven
    That's actually good stats all things considered. Its his first season and I have been a harsh ****er recently
    I'm never too sure myself

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - I honestly believe it comes down to not drawing to many conclusions AT ALL!
    When a team is on a bad run, supporters try to look for simple causes and answers. It is NEVER simple!
    Now, some people are saying that if we had only played Reed in the middle and Rothwell up front before, the bad run would never have happened.
    Well, Reed WAS tried in the middle several times before, and he looked ineffective. Rothwell had previously looked good on the ball, but with little end-product. I think we all agree that the pairing of Smallwood and Evans was still happening too often, despite the fact it was no longer working, but those two players are now also being individually singled out as hopeless. In fact, Evans was probably our best player in January, and Smallwood looked quite good when paired with Travis.
    There's a song I like about not trying too hard to work out all the big puzzles of life, death, the universe and everything. It's called "Let The Mystery Be".
    I sometimes think that is equally applicable to football!

I am just confused after all this tbh Auks. I don't know what to think.

.....When a team is on a bad run, supporters try to look for simple causes and answers. It is NEVER simple!
    Now, some people are saying that if we had only played Reed in the middle and Rothwell up front before, the bad run would never have happened.......

Exactly! It isn't that simple. Had Rothwell been thrown in earlier, he may not have been as effective. Like Travis. We will never know. But right or wrong, the decision to stick with the players who got us here is one I do respect, and agree with. Rothwell wasn't part of our promotion, people forget that.

I have gotten caught up (yet again) in the results and not looked at the bigger picture. We are in a position where mid-table is acceptable. And because of the bad run all coming at once, it seemed a lot worse than it actually was.
    I think the season looks like this, we started very well and got into slightly false position. Then we went on a terrible run and dropped a bit lower than our natural position. We where always sat somewhere in between the two.

Dack played so well the other night, not really sure where that performance came from? He looked so confident, and his spirit was there to see. When he clicks (with Graham) we click.

That midfield we played the other night was a really good balance. Most (sane) fans still quite like Evans. And think he should be retained. Its the combination of the 2 together that clearly doesn't work. Personally I would look to move Smallwood on. Along with a fair few others.

I have no issues with what has gone on this season, I just feel he stuck with a few who ended up playing themselves out of the squad. Bennett, Smallwood etc. I like these lads, they have been tremendous in what they have given to the club in the past 18 months. But equally, we now need to leave sentiment behind, and try push on a bit in this league. Another 3 sides drop down all with a mountain of cash. And we need to compete.

It will be nice now to have no real pressure for the final games, and blood some youngsters. Finishing the season on a high will help.

Starting with Ben Brereton getting his firt goal for Rovers away at Forest on Sat. Surely its written in the stars.

It's easy to get like that Champs and the only way to beat it is to avoid all the crap posted out there.
    BRFCS is a busy forum but little, if any, of it is worth reading, they are a wierd lot.
    The LET just isn't worth discussing

So reading inbetween the lines Sven
    This is the place to be for sensible,well thought out posts then?

Well, I bet he wouldn't go that far!

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    So reading inbetween the lines Sven
    This is the place to be for sensible,well thought out posts then?
    Hmm, I'll think about that one while I'm walking my daughter down the aisle tomorrow.

There certainly aren't as many stupid, ill considered posts on here

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Hmm, I'll think about that one while I'm walking my daughter down the aisle tomorrow.

There certainly aren't as many stupid, ill considered posts on here
    Best wishes to all involved, Seventwo. Hope the weather plays ball.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)