+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradley Dack

That's the thing Auks. I've not just turned on him, for no reason after a couple of games didn't go well? It's his decision making. It's worried me Some time. Back to when he got handed a 3 year contract. When he started handing contracts to the older players who weren't good enough. His baffling decisions now? He won't just awake from all this and improve. I've seen enough football in my time to tell you that for sure. He won't pull this back. He hasn't learnt from any mistakes. He is now just staying loyal to people who aren't good enough. McLaren was sacked after a really bad losing run. We will be there in a few games time. And by rights, he needs to go aswell. I take no enjoyment from that. I thought he was going to be the man to over-see our progression. You can't ignore the fact we are heading backwards. And we need to do something to stop that. The manager appears to be completely out of ideas. And touch. So he needs to leave.

Ok ok let's look at the bigger picture
    We are 8 clear with 6 to play
    Its looking very likely we won't win another game this season so the pressure goes to Rotherham who need 8 points from 18 on offer
    3 out of 6 if you like
    Can they do it?Well if they go with the attitude of Saturday then it's very possible.
    So stick or twist?Mowbray or a temporary bounce of a new manager and hope he is the magical manager some teams get lucky with.
    I am very torn
    Its gone very wrong at Blackburn and it's still a reality we could drop.
    Bookies rarely get it wrong but sometimes they do and on our atrocious form anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Ok ok let's look at the bigger picture
    We are 8 clear with 6 to play
    Its looking very likely we won't win another game this season so the pressure goes to Rotherham who need 8 points from 18 on offer
    3 out of 6 if you like
    Can they do it?Well if they go with the attitude of Saturday then it's very possible.
    So stick or twist?Mowbray or a temporary bounce of a new manager and hope he is the magical manager some teams get lucky with.
    I am very torn
    Its gone very wrong at Blackburn and it's still a reality we could drop.
    Bookies rarely get it wrong but sometimes they do and on our atrocious form anything is possible.

Had TM or anyone at our club said last summer, we are looking only to staying in this league, 4th bottom will be seen as a good season, then ok fair enough.
    Nobody said that, this was not in our plan. Its turning into a disaster. One that could end up in relegation. While the odds are stacked heavily in our favour, we could still drop. And it serves them right if they do drop. They wont recover from this one though, we wont go for it like last season.

Ok, so we manage to stay up and go on to lose all our games this season and finish just above relegation? Then what? Nobody will be rushing back to watch this next season. Because next season will be a nightmare. If TM stays, then they may aswell as let all those lads in our academy leave. As unless we have no players left due to injury, they wont be picked. TM would rather stick with Bennett etc who can run around. Its nothing to be proud of being as poor as QPR etc

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    That's the thing Auks. I've not just turned on him, for no reason after a couple of games didn't go well? It's his decision making. It's worried me Some time. Back to when he got handed a 3 year contract. When he started handing contracts to the older players who weren't good enough. His baffling decisions now? He won't just awake from all this and improve. I've seen enough football in my time to tell you that for sure. He won't pull this back. He hasn't learnt from any mistakes. He is now just staying loyal to people who aren't good enough. McLaren was sacked after a really bad losing run. We will be there in a few games time. And by rights, he needs to go aswell. I take no enjoyment from that. I thought he was going to be the man to over-see our progression. You can't ignore the fact we are heading backwards. And we need to do something to stop that. The manager appears to be completely out of ideas. And touch. So he needs to leave.
    Champs, you cannot dodge this question.
    Were you saying those older players, whose contracts were renewed, "WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH" at the end of January?
    In all the comments I read on several sites, there is a massive exercise in perfect hindsight going on!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Had TM or anyone at our club said last summer, we are looking only to staying in this league, 4th bottom will be seen as a good season, then ok fair enough.
    Nobody said that, this was not in our plan. Its turning into a disaster. One that could end up in relegation. While the odds are stacked heavily in our favour, we could still drop. And it serves them right if they do drop. They wont recover from this one though, we wont go for it like last season.

Ok, so we manage to stay up and go on to lose all our games this season and finish just above relegation? Then what? Nobody will be rushing back to watch this next season. Because next season will be a nightmare. If TM stays, then they may aswell as let all those lads in our academy leave. As unless we have no players left due to injury, they wont be picked. TM would rather stick with Bennett etc who can run around. Its nothing to be proud of being as poor as QPR etc
    Champs, why are we different from any other small-town club? Teams like ours DO bounce around the Divisions. That is simple reality.
    In fact, quite a few fans DID say they would be satisfied with survival at the start of this season.
    As for the future, you are trying to predict it, based on the last nine weeks alone, and I am saying football simply doesn't work like that.
    You are deliberately taking a worse-case scenario and saying that is the only possible outcome. I simply know from past experience of dashed expectations and pleasant surprises that you just can't do that in sport.
    In any case, all of this is probably irrelevant because I expect Mowbray to be sacked if we lose to Derby.

Not so sure aucks
    Steve waggot pulls the strings at Blackburn rovers and a friend of tony Mowbray.
    Now that isn't meaning he is untouchable but waggot will take extra precautions in making a important decision such as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Not so sure aucks
    Steve waggot pulls the strings at Blackburn rovers and a friend of tony Mowbray.
    Now that isn't meaning he is untouchable but waggot will take extra precautions in making a important decision such as this one.
    You might be right, Robin, but it gets to the point where so many supporters are baying for the manager's head that self-preservation kicks in, and the owners take the easy way out. (It goes all the way back to Pontius Pilate!) I've seen it hundreds of times. Of course, there is absolutely no guarantee that success automatically follows change, but most supporters just turn a blind eye to that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    You might be right, Robin, but it gets to the point where so many supporters are baying for the manager's head that self-preservation kicks in, and the owners take the easy way out. (It goes all the way back to Pontius Pilate!) I've seen it hundreds of times. Of course, there is absolutely no guarantee that success automatically follows change, but most supporters just turn a blind eye to that fact.
    I'd even be happy for him to stay. Just maybe consider a new first team manager. Let TM run the club, alongside Waggott. I'm not happy that he is looking likely to leave. I like TM. I just think the rot has set in. For various reasons. I'm aware TM may be as good as we can get. So I wouldn't expect a miracle from the next person. I would however expect an upturn in results in the short term.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)