+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby(home)predictions

Derby(home)predictions

Who cares
    It's another loss
    1-2

Rovers 1-Derby 3

Well, I care.
    Always have; always will.
    Admittedly, I almost wish this season was over because of the poor run and the wholesale negativity, but if I'd been told - before the season started - that the bookies' odds against relegation for us would be 1000/1, with six games to go, I'd probably have been reasonably happy.
    The Derby game? I'm going for broke. 2-1 to Rovers.

I do care aucks but less and less.
    I was away with the family this weekend like next weekend,so naturally I need to keep a lid on disappointment,however I am starting to feel a bit numb to it.
    We are on such a awful run
    Defeat feels a bit,oh we have lost again rather than,**** sake we have lost again.
    So yes I care but not as much as I should do.

I think you need to take heed here Auks.

The attendances are dropping. And once they start to lose people like me, they are in in big trouble.
    £16.8m losses in one year. And there isn't another supporter to take my place once I decide not to renew.

And I am like most I sit and go with to games. I have lost all interest. We know what will happen tomorrow. We know who will let us down. Who he will play, who isn't good enough. of course I care. I have invested a large amount of my life into Rovers. I have spent a tonne of money. I have been loyal. But I didn't go on sat. I wont renew my season ticket, and I most certainly not bother to turn up when they are putting in performances like this. So they lose my money, my support now. I have seen enough of Elliott Bennett now cross a ball out of play, I don't need to see any more.

....please don't read that as arrogance above. When I say 'me' I mean ...I am of sound mind, have a job and loyally follow football. And my club. I have the money to spend, and will keep paying my money as long as I have a side I can see is doing their best. Across the board. Not tossing it off from Feb because Sky Bet tell them they are safe. Which they all have.
    Most people who live in Blackburn don't have the money to go to football, like say myself. So no fans will take my place. Once they lose me, and that takes some doing after all the ****e I have seen down here over the years, then I wont be replaced. And the club need to retain fans, not lose them. You don't retain fans by insisting on playing Evans, Bennett and Smallwood, in the middle of being so painfully bad. I am not being patronised anymore.

I just think you have it wrong. Before I emigrated, I watched Rovers in a variety of Divisions at some God-awful grounds, witnessing some truly dire spectacles. I can assure you: this is nowhere near rock-bottom. I can also say, categorically, that I have seen no evidence that these players have stopped trying, which would be much worse.
    You watch your team because it's your team. How well they are doing is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I just think you have it wrong. Before I emigrated, I watched Rovers in a variety of Divisions at some God-awful grounds, witnessing some truly dire spectacles. I can assure you: this is nowhere near rock-bottom. I can also say, categorically, that I have seen no evidence that these players have stopped trying, which would be much worse.
    You watch your team because it's your team. How well they are doing is irrelevant.
    Do I give off the impression I only to to Rovers games when we are winning? I'll remind you I was the only one going every week vrs Bury & Rochdale last season. Home and away. Even at the start when we struggled.

Rovers 0 Derby 0

Roversnil 0 - 2 Frank Lampards Derby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)