+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recruitment

Recruitment

Great Paul, thank you.

Lets hope Chris is as good as their Derek for spotting a bargain

Good post Paul .
    On a recent holiday I got chatting to a fella from Germany. He was a scout for a German side (I had to Google them). He talked about several decent players who are playing in the lower euro leagues and never get a chance at bigger clubs
    Nick venima (remember as reminded me of enima) was one and daniel- Kofi (don't recall his last name).. was one of the others he mentioned. He must have mentioned 40 plus players but those 2 I kinda remember.
    He did say at the time where they played but after 4 solid days of chatting footy, I was starting to switch off 😁

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Good post Paul .
    On a recent holiday I got chatting to a fella from Germany. He was a scout for a German side (I had to Google them). He talked about several decent players who are playing in the lower euro leagues and never get a chance at bigger clubs
    Nick venima (remember as reminded me of enima) was one and daniel- Kofi (don't recall his last name).. was one of the others he mentioned. He must have mentioned 40 plus players but those 2 I kinda remember.
    He did say at the time where they played but after 4 solid days of chatting footy, I was starting to switch off ��
    Blimey! What are the odds of you getting a deckchair next to a German four days running? ( Cue for a Richie Towell joke).

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Good post Paul .
    He did say at the time where they played but after 4 solid days of chatting footy, I was starting to switch off 
    Nick Venema used to play in the Dutch Leagues for FC Utrecht. That was a couple of years ago.

Daniel-Kofi Agaeyi ( spelling ?? ) used to play in the Italian Leagues.

No idea what happened to them, perhaps they have a share in .....

Popeye's Burger Van...

Good article Paul, thanks.

Scott has been brought in to do a job for us but let's take a quick reflection on his 'achievements':

Returning to the theme of 'five', here are other signings that bear his influence.

Domingos Quina, a ****ager striker taken from West Ham United's youth ranks and now appearing in the Premier League for Watford.

Ben Wilmot, a ****age defender who has also played in Watford's first team this season after leaving Stevenage.

Mads Bech Sorensen, a defender plucked from Danish side AC Horsens and just starting to break into Brentford's senior side at the age of 20.

Daniel Bentley, a young goalkeeper spotted at Southend United and now one of the Championship's top shot-stoppers with Brentford.

Chiedozie Ogbene, a 21-year-old winger of whom the Bees expect big things in the future after signing him from Irish outfit Limerick.

Yes all well and good but all of these players, and more in the beginning, cost serious money to sign. We don't have that kind of money as seen this season. Good luck to Scotty but he's definitely got his work cut out.

Interesting that Watford have had a clear out of their recruitment staff,including brother Andy. Wonder if Rob walked before he was pushed !

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Nick Venema used to play in the Dutch Leagues for FC Utrecht. That was a couple of years ago.

Daniel-Kofi Agaeyi ( spelling ?? ) used to play in the Italian Leagues.

No idea what happened to them, perhaps they have a share in .....

Popeye's Burger Van...

Good article Paul, thanks.
    just looked these two up.
    venema is only 19 and is indeed dutch. good record for a youngen.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Venema

the other one wasnt a italian lad, he played in germany and only one i can see is danial-kofi kyereh..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel-Kofi_Kyereh

Warne doesn’t like 19 year olds unless they’re home grown talent.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast