+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dando Doorstep Execution

The Dando Doorstep Execution

Is there a Jill Dando thread? Apologies if there is...

Who bumped her off then?

Modus Operandi (MO) of the JSO (Yugosla Secret Army types) was to shoot on the doorstep to ensure they got the right person.

So does that mean they bumped of the Nairn banker to?

No, it didnae, because the Wilson killer put the murder weapon 'doon the stank' which is the MO of the Weggie underworld.

The Dando murder weapon was never found.

The only thing that's certain is that the village idiot didn't commit the murder. That's the MO of the police throughout the world. If you're struggling to nick somebody, then pick up the boy with the lowest IQ and fit him into the crime...

It definitely was him.

Former Raith S-form Barry Bulsara. Defo him. The day Dando was shot we where driving up the road from seeing the Mondays in Glasgow the night before. Just in case any cops are looking in on this.

Yep, no conspiracy here. Sometimes the local oddball is the right person.

Was that the Monday’s gig with 808 State supporting?

We where on the old disco burgers that night so I have no memory of the support other than everyone saying Paul Oakenfold was going to do a surprise support slot and it never happened (maybe) I think I would've remembered the ace 808 State playing but then again we where in a fair nick. Drinking all day before it. Young loons. Sub club after it.

I’m getting my happy Monday’s concerts mixed up, the one with 808 State supporting was much later. Almost put them into the worst live act I’ve seen thread. Was really looking forward to seeing them & they started playing their own instruments with a kind of calypso thing going on. All you’re after there is for them to turn the volume up & press play on the tape for Flow Coma.

The Jill Dando/Happy Monday’s gig as it shall now forever be known was a bit of a blur for me too. The thing I remember most about it was all Dumbartons local hard men absolutely shat it from a huge squad of Aberdeen fans, as we were playing at Ibrox that weekend. I went to school with a few of them & watching their bottle crash so badly was most agreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It definitely was him.
    Logan? It was certainly a comparable situation

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Former Raith S-form Barry Bulsara. Defo him. The day Dando was shot we where driving up the road from seeing the Mondays in Glasgow the night before. Just in case any cops are looking in on this.
    The Happy Mondays were touring in 1999! I'm sure Black Grape played TITP in the mid-1990s at Strathclyde Park so I thought the Mondays had long since passed when Dando was getting cut down on her doorstep.

As for Barry Bulsara, there was only one flimsy bit of evidence that convicted him. It most certainly was not him. They fitted him up and charged him on the one year anniversary of her murder.

Yep, they reformed for a world tour in ‘99. Played the SECC. Turns out it was 2 days before Jill Dandos murder & they were actually playing in London the night before. Wonder if the police followed that line of inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    The Happy Mondays were touring in 1999! I'm sure Black Grape played TITP in the mid-1990s at Strathclyde Park so I thought the Mondays had long since passed when Dando was getting cut down on her doorstep.

As for Barry Bulsara, there was only one flimsy bit of evidence that convicted him. It most certainly was not him. They fitted him up and charged him on the one year anniversary of her murder.
    Correct. I saw Black Grape at Strathclyde Park 95/96. The Mondays hadn't done a gig for years so this was a bit of a reunion for them and a big deal for us as 19yr olds too young to have seen them 10 years earlier.

Mason: there was a good few down from Aberdeen as usual and as usual most of the locals where friendly enough and those who weren't were irrelevant. Right enough, we where at Ibrox that weekend.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast