+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: after the knee jerk here's the solution....

I mentioned on another thread that our blip would probably come when it mattered most.

Luv the song Hodgers.

A lot on here ev bin saying forra while nar abart the first team, when all available and playing well, is far too good fo this league but the wo nowt in the layer underneath and the squad needed mooar in case what happens in football--injuries and suspensions and loss of individual form--arose.
    Goat and the owners knew better--"We are happy with what we have" was the January mantra, bringing in a young lad frum Yeovil and a lad from Boro who couldn't laik forrus.
    The owners ev hid behind two good coaches, Stendel here and Vierra at Nice, to squeeze art the best from the youngest squads in their respective leagues. It is not sustainable results wise in the medium/long term.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-04-2019 at 04:38 PM.

They did try to get more players in January but wage demands were too big for those they wanted . Stendel wanted more players in as he thought we were a bit thin. He wasn’t over keen on the lad at Bradford but the stat men wanted him

Miller looks a real find. He can't even get a start, let alone a goal for bottom of the league Bradford.
    We didn't need to spend £4 million on deadline day like Sunderland did.
    But that £4 million will have been worth it if Grigg scores the goals that clinch promotion for them.
    We sold Potts on Jan 3rd. We had a full month to replace him, instead we sold Moncur.
    Nobody in their right mind could have thought we had enough players to see us through.
    A couple of loans would have helped, anything, someone out of contract.
    The only player on our bench capable of stepping up is Jackson, a centre half.
    Perhaps we could throw a centre half up top alongside Woodrow in the Moore role.
    Knock defenders about and let Woodrow feed off the scraps.
    It's not ideal but nothing else is working.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    They did try to get more players in January but wage demands were too big for those they wanted . Stendel wanted more players in as he thought we were a bit thin. He wasn’t over keen on the lad at Bradford but the stat men wanted him

The stat men are the experts .

Not saying they haven't got a say in this but the whole show ?

Never in a million years .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    That's exactly what's happening the stat men are running the Circus ESR with zero knowledge about football it's a joke full stop

Know I’m saying this after last nights results but neither Sunderland or Portsmouth have proved infallible and both are capable of slip-ups. Don’t everybody write us off yet. Just need to start finishing the chances we get.

I'd change the team around as much as I could if i were Stendel. It isn't working anymore hence the poor results.

I'd bring in Styles and try dropping Mcgeehan or Brown. Even bring back Bahre. Now I'd never thought I'd say that.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    That's exactly what's happening the stat men are running the Circus ESR with zero knowledge about football it's a joke full stop
    You're just been silly now to try and prove a point.The recruitment team are 4 individuals who the club appointed to assist P.Hecky. Players aren't picked on there stats.When a player is identified by the recruitment team and the manager I dare say there stats are taken into consideration.Things like age,speed,lung capacity,weight etc.To say the the recruitment team have zero knowledge in football is absolutely ludicrous.Don't forget this people were appointed by P.Cryne not the present owners.

If the recruitment team fail to sign a single player in the whole of January, then they aren't much of a recruitment team.
    Either that or the restrictions placed on them by the money men are unrealistic (or both).
    Either way, between them they've more than likely cost us promotion.
    I can understand a team battling relegation, with bad facilities and no fans struggling to attract players, but not a team in our position.
    I can't believe Stendel wasn't constantly on the phone the last 2 weeks in January.
    I couldn't blame the manager or any of the players leaving in the summer, promotion or no promotion.
    The club have shown their hand - zero ambition.
    Unless they've learned from this season, there's no future under their stewardship.
    As I've said before, the last thing I want, or expect is for us to splash millions and lose our identity.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast