+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 14 years ago today

14 years ago today

Kicked off an absolute epic week for us

Scottish Cup semi final at Hampden vs high flying hibs, 22k hibees completely outsung by 6k Arabs and despite going a goal down after an hour to a penalty, two goals in a could miss from mcintyre and scotland turned out on its head, and I tell you up there with the best way days ever, those celebrations at the second goal were chaotic where I was, bodies all over the place ha ha
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMiTFDCnvHE

Subtext was at that point we had 22 pts from 32 games rooted to the bottom, the same day the fun played a home spl game beating I think killie to move onto 31 pts from 33 games....

Our game in hand was back in Glasgow on the 12th 3 days later at ibrox against the eventual champions Rangers who had not been defeated at ibrox the whole season....

Before we kicked off the post split fixtures at home to Hearts on the Saturday (the 16th)

More to follow....

Our game in hand was back in Glasgow on the 12th 3 days later at ibrox against the eventual champions Rangers who had not been defeated at ibrox the whole season.... In a game the funsters would have expected us to lose... Utd rocked up on the Tues night fresh from the semi final win just 3 days before... An early Stuart Duff header on the rebound from 6 yards in the first ten mins is enough

The next 80+ mins listening on the radio seemed to take an eternity as we somehow held out to become the only side Rangers failed to score a against at home all season
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4434389.stm

Also moved us onto 25pts but still bottom before the split started at home to Hearts that coming Saturday, with livi and dunfy both a few pts ahead and the fun sitting on 31pts in 9th

What else could this epic week hold for us....

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Kicked off an absolute epic week for us

Scottish Cup semi final at Hampden vs high flying hibs, 22k hibees completely outsung by 6k Arabs and despite going a goal down after an hour to a penalty, two goals in a could miss from mcintyre and scotland turned out on its head, and I tell you up there with the best way days ever, those celebrations at the second goal were chaotic where I was, bodies all over the place ha ha
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMiTFDCnvHE

Subtext was at that point we had 22 pts from 32 games rooted to the bottom, the same day the fun played a home spl game beating I think killie to move onto 31 pts from 33 games....

Our game in hand was back in Glasgow on the 12th 3 days later at ibrox against the eventual champions Rangers who had not been defeated at ibrox the whole season....

Before we kicked off the post split fixtures at home to Hearts on the Saturday (the 16th)

More to follow....
    I was at the semi, it was bedlam! 😂😂😂

There was some bad blood from a few of the Hibs fans on the way out of the stadium.

there have been great moments supporting united. with cup wins, league win at dens, european nights but honestly i would say that end of season in 2005 was up there in terms of where we were before that semifinal. no one gave us a chance and we looked very likely we were going down. god knows what would have happened to us if that happened.

some massive games and we managed to get results to save us! crazy scenes. almost a perfect ending aswell with an ex arab scoring to relegate the dees with tam mcmanus greeting on the floor.

That semi v Hibs is probably one of my favourite games that didn’t see us lift a trophy at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by huntedbyafreak View Post
    That semi v Hibs is probably one of my favourite games that didn’t see us lift a trophy at the end of the game.
    Atmosphere was incredible. So much fun

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)