+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Notts County

Notts County

So another 2 ex players, will one of them maintain the sequence of former players scoring against us? They are also having a relatively better time than earlier in the season. Add to this the fact that I suspect some of our players are already on the beach and that we simply don't like playing against 'struggling' teams, especially those with something to fight for.
    I hope we give both Toots and Vaughan a great welcome.
    I predict 0-1, maintaining our lack of goals.

Let's try and give neighbours Macclesfield a helping hand

It's good to be wrong (occasionally)😉
    It was a very comfortable win. Also good to see the sponsors got MOTM right. Lowery really showed what we 've been missing in midfield..
    Only complaint was Porter- how did he manage to be offside for that goal?

Notts were awful and you can see why they are bottom. That's not to take anything away from the Alex
    Pleased for Lowery and still don't know why he has hardly played. Just watch how much running and covering he does.
    Only disappointment was Tootle. He said he should get a good reception. However at the end as he was going off quite a few supporters stood and applauded him and he never acknowledged them. Matt it works both ways

A quote from a Notts forum

"All the Hardy Bull Shiite about training ground, championship, cat 2 academy it's all total fantasy."

Amazing they were trying to aspire to be us (apart from the championship)

Great to hear deserved praise for Lowery. Only last season there was more than one contributor who compared him to a headless chicken and that he was too small to be even a L2 footballer. I know the opposition was poor, but well played Tom - ran the show.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Great to hear deserved praise for Lowery. Only last season there was more than one contributor who compared him to a headless chicken and that he was too small to be even a L2 footballer. I know the opposition was poor, but well played Tom - ran the show.
    I defended him last season against those 'contributors' and hope he gets more games. He reminds me a lot if I dare say it of a young Kenny Lunt, let's hope he goes on to have as god a career

A touch more pace than Kenny, but I’d certainly enjoy seeing him play 300 times in Alex red.