+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Play Offs

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Headline:

Calum Butcher says Dundee United now showing they are Championship’s best team

Why the to do we keep providing team talk material for opponents? Idiotic.

I don't think our local media help, they seem to try and twist what is said at times and make headlines that will spur on the opposition, surely not by DEE courts Thompson?

We already know the sevconian media do that

United can do more though by coaching players a bit or only putting the better more shrewd players out for these things, say the right/clever things even if inhouse you think differently

Ayr last 4 games County home, Partick home and away. Alloa home.

Feel relieved that second place is probably secure after tonight.

ICT or Ayr either will be tough but they will probably be knackered after playing each other.

Feels like ICT will probably get the better of those matches which will suit us for the play off semi.

Still not given up final hope of title!!! Hope of that will probably be extinguished though by Friday or Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Feel relieved that second place is probably secure after tonight.

ICT or Ayr either will be tough but they will probably be knackered after playing each other.

Feels like ICT will probably get the better of those matches which will suit us for the play off semi.

Still not given up final hope of title!!! Hope of that will probably be extinguished though by Friday or Saturday night
    Looking at things, a win for Ross County on Friday means we need 1pt from 9pt to secure 2nd.

If Ayr avoid defeat...it leaves us with both a glimmer of hope but a possible need of 4pts to get 2nd.

I really cant see Ross Co dropping enough points, or us winning all 3 games...So I reckon Id be content with County giving Ayr a doing on Friday.

Ayr win all the way please on Fri, County have more to play for though now as Ayr and ICT are secure in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ayr win all the way please on Fri, County have more to play for though now as Ayr and ICT are secure in the playoffs
    I’m hoping for an Ayr win to keep the title interest alive - that will also help motivate us to win against ICT

Looking on bookies website and it was Ross Co 1/50 on and United 14/1 for the title. Easy to see why bookies make a profit!

Our chances though are probably more like the 50/1

Obviously would prefer we were already up but think we are starting to show that we might have enough in the playoffs. A while back we weren't creating but things look more promising in that department. PLUS we seem to have better options off the bench to change things.

So, optimistic. Bring it on.
    C'mon United

Ross Co fail to win at Ayr.
    We win at ICT Saturday.
    Then 2 games to go.
    Could be very interesting.

Ross Co win on Friday.
    Or don't & we don't win at ICT.
    Ross Co win the league.
    Bring on the play-offs.

It's really annoying that, in the last few weeks, if we'd beaten a terrible QotS and held on for a few minutes against County we'd be level in points with them...

That makes me sick when i think about it Terry.we had so many chances too. At least we are now creating so if its the play offs i feel much better than i did 6 weeks ago about them

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)